So uh..

Brolly The Legendary

I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal
After August 18 (worlds) I thought I've read someone say that they'll cut a set or two for the new modified mechanic.

SO..which set will they cut? Fire Red Leaf Green?

Hey I noticed a pattern

2004 worlds: EXP- HL
2005 worlds: RS- EM
2006 worlds: HL- HP
2007 worlds: EM to ???
2008 worlds- HP to ???

So the start of worlds format in any year is the end of the format 2 years ago.

From what I have read, whenever a set is released, another set is removed. We have had Delta Species and Legends Maker released, so it is guaranteed that Hidden Legends and FireRed/LeafGreen will not be around in the next modified. Holon Phantoms is about to be released, so Team Rocket Returns will not be around. There will probably be enough time for Miracle Crystal to be released before Worlds, so Deoxys is probably going to go, too. Most likely, next year's format will be Emerald-on, but I suppose there is a chance it could be Deoxys-on.

Sounds like when a new set comes out another set disappears. I know you guys mentioned it above but it sounds kinda odd because the new set that comes out the one that came out 5 sets ago goes away and you can't use that set anymore. It does make it more of a challenge though because then you can't use the same deck all the time on your opponent and anyway he/she will catch on eventualy so it is kind of a 50-50 draw meaning the set should stay in longer when a new set comes out instead of dropping one out every single time one comes out but on the other side of the coin if the set stays in longer than your opponent will catch on. I know it sounds confusing but if you read this slow you'll know what I mean. That is just what I think should happen.:)

DocRobot_K-176 said:
The first pre-release starts on the 22nd, which is this Saturday. I've seen some of the cards in the set. The boxtopper is a reprint of Expedition Mew. The Pre-Release stamped card is δ Exeggutor. If you have an Expedition Mew from several years ago, I'm sure that you will be allowed to use it now.

you know this how?

Last rotation, we lost 4 sets (RS, SS, TMTA, DR), and had 4 sets left (HL, TRR, RG, DX). This time, if we lose 4 sets (HL, TRR, RG, DX), we'll have 5 or 6 sets left (EM, UFO, DS, LM, HP, MC possibly). Could be coincidence, but if that's the way they're going, it may be EM-on or UFO on... I doubt they'd eliminate UFO that quickly.

Benlugia said:
DocRobot_K-176 said:
The first pre-release starts on the 22nd, which is this Saturday. I've seen some of the cards in the set. The boxtopper is a reprint of Expedition Mew. The Pre-Release stamped card is δ Exeggutor. If you have an Expedition Mew from several years ago, I'm sure that you will be allowed to use it now.

you know this how?

My friend is a Tournament Organizer for the Sacramento area here in California. He opened a box of Holon Phantoms for himself (since TO's are allowed to open boxes as long as they buy another box to replace it). We are holding our own Holon Phantoms Pre-Release on the 29th. If you are skeptical, see for yourself when the set is released.

www.pokemon.com has the set info and the prerelease info too. Go there for more information.:)

Back