Help So I Found This Card... - Possible Misprint

nsjohnson

Aspiring Trainer
Hey there, good ol' USN Vet, here.

So.. My grandmother has had a bunch of pokemon cards that I had in a box for about 18 years. They were all in sleeves when I had them, so apparently I took great care of them and she hid them away when I moved out of her place as a kid. They're all pretty much mint condition, as well.

However, there is one card among these that strikes me as kindof odd. I know for a fact that all of them came together and I know for a fact that it's real, but it may be a misprint.

The card in question is a First Edition Poliwag. Obviously it's a base set release, as the number on it is 59/102 and it's dated with 1999 on it at the bottom along with the 1995, 96, 98, 99 numbers.

The thing that strikes me as odd, though, is that it has the jungle set icon on it. I haven't been able to find a single poliwag card with this possible misprint, because if I recall correctly, there were only 64 cards in the jungle set.

Should I post a picture of it to give you guys a better look? Also, I mean, I'm 95% sure it's a misprint, but I'd like some help from you guys if you can give me further confirmation. <3 Thank you for taking the time to read this!

nsjohnson

Aspiring Trainer
How do you know that it is real?
Well, I never bought any singles, nor did I trade any cards that I can remember. I especially wouldn't have traded for a first edition poliwag of all things. I only ever bought boosters and sets. I'm not sure how possible it is for a fake to be popped into a real set direct from the manufacturer.

JDA

Aspiring Trainer
Certainly post up a picture and if you can very much zoon in onto the logo with a scanner. The base set has a lot of errors and I feel that many of them still arn't always found.

nsjohnson

Aspiring Trainer
Here she is. http://imgur.com/a/EzcpI
EzcpI

Otaku

The wise fool?
Well, I never bought any singles, nor did I trade any cards that I can remember. I especially wouldn't have traded for a first edition poliwag of all things. I only ever bought boosters and sets. I'm not sure how possible it is for a fake to be popped into a real set direct from the manufacturer.

Because companies made fake booster packs and even fake booster boxes. -_- Unless you ordered the product directly from WotC or something, coming from a booster pack is not an absolute guarantee you wouldn't have fake product. It merely improves the odds. ;)

TheBigE196

Aspiring Trainer
Its possible, the most similar misprint is the jungle holos that are missing set symbols(but that's a case of something missing instead of something being there that isn't supposed to be), it being a unique mistake is a red flag tho(not even caterpie ex is unique) cos most misprints aren't unique(even the magic the gathering growlithe from Germany had atleast 1 sheet made with that error) whereas most of the errors are protty well known(like sideways diglett). My money is on it being a fake tbh

JDA

Aspiring Trainer
A fake can still be quire easily identified by a scan and enlarging the print quality.

Especially the Jungle sets (older sets) can be quite easily identified as fakes or not.

To be honest it doesn't look that fake, but then again, back, front and enlarged scan are needed to actually make some sence of it.