Writing Snowpoint City And The Story Of Candice - Chapter 1 is up!

How good is my story?

• Infinity/10, just simply amazing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100/10, excellent

• 10/10, keep on going!

• 5/10, OK, just a bit more practise

• Total voters

grasspokemonmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Chapter 1
As usual, Candice gazed out of the windows, waiting for it to snow again. She liked the snow and like many others in Snowpoint City, she couldn't wait until the diamond dust rained down. But of course she was a Gym Leader and couldn't stand much longer in her room. She knew somebody wanted to challenge her to get into the Sinnoh league. She closed the brown, silky curtains in the fading light and rushed downstairs, hair flying all about.
"Oh dear," she whispered. "I forgot to dress up properly."

It was a long time before she came down to meet the challenger. There was a problem. A fatal one. Candice gasped at the challenger. The challenger had aura sensors pinned in her hair and had yellow hair, as yellow as a Psyduck. But Candice would never compare the challenger to a Psyduck. The challenger was tall and graceful, wearing a dark cloak and a warm smile. Candice tried to smile back in fear.
"Um... Welcome to my gym, Cynthia," she stuttered.
Cynthia nodded. "A battle please."

Candice walked through the icy rooms to reach a giant battlefield, full of ice pillars. Many Pokemon swarmed around them, turning the battlefield into a mere ice room.
"Candice, if you want it that way, you shall have it," said Cynthia calmly. "Go Garchomp!"
Candice had to admit defeat.
"Six-on-six!" she cried and sent out her Sneasel.
Garchomp knocked down and ice pillar and it crashed down on top of Sneasel. Candice sent out her Medicham but before she could even command it, Garchomp raged another ice pillar down. Snover and Abomasnow collapsed under the immense strength of the ice pillar and Mamoswine got completely nowhere, hapless under 3 ice pillars. Froslass was Candice's only hope, it's attack Destiny Bond. But even as Garchomp was knocked out, Cynthia still had another 5 Pokemon left and the battlefield seemed clear of ice and only spreading water.

Cynthia and Candice talked in the battlefield about how Candice got her Pokemon:

Candice was ready to battle her mother, a trained ice gym leader. She was the power of Snowpoint. But poor Candice had only an Eevee to battle with so the battle was immidiately cancelled. Candice wanted to train outside in the open world but it was just too dangerous so Candice begged her parents for permission to go.

It was snowy outside and Candice hugged her Eevee, her most precious possession. Candice walked into the woods surrounding the city and whispered softly, "Is there any Pokemon here?"
But alas, there was nothing and Candice was forced to move on. She caught a glimpse of a levitating object, all 3D and was geometrically built.
"Pory, porygon," it droned.
Candice startled backwards.
"Porygon," droned a voice behind her.
Candice turned around. A whole swarm of Porygon was attacking her! She rushed into the heart of the forest, so deep where no one could venture. It was dark and gloomy. Nothing stirred. She blinked and saw an ice cave with a warm fire. Candice seemed to have found a human living in the forest - a hermit? She quickly saw a bath and looked around. She was in a house! Somehow, she seemed to have been transported.
"Hello, I am Froslass," said a calm, pleasuring voice.
Candice looked round and round. There was nobody around. No Froslass either. Then she remembered that Froslass was maybe somewhere else, using its ghost abilities.

Candice had a bath and came down the stairs. She saw Froslass cooking some dinner for her.
"Come and eat," said Froslass.
Candice nodded and came towards a wooden stool and table, both worn out but well polished. It was nice to be Froslass' guest.
"Do you want to be my friend?" she asked.
Froslass nodded. At that very moment, the whole house disappeared revealing the ice cave. Then, Froslass touched one of Candice's Poke Balls and got itself sucked in. Candice's eyes opened wide in surprised and left the forest, still carrying Eevee in her hands. Luckily, there were no Porygons around so she got back safely. But what would her parents say about this?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the end of Chapter 1, hope you like it. Please comment about my story. Check for any mistakes too. Thanks!

Any time a new person talks, a new paragraph should be created for it, even if it is only one line. Second, why do you do this like chunk thing, where its like dialogue+text and then a space between then another chunk? It looks stupid and sloppy. Third, why do you keep making new stories like every day about something just trivial? And the never continue them? As for spelling and grammar errors:

There are no spelling errors, but the whole:
Cynthia and Candice talked in the battlefield about how Candice got her Pokemon. And this is how it went:

That just-ruins it. I mean you shouldn't do that, you should have just deleted the "And this is how it went" thing. Also, you rushed through the story. The battle was a paragraph long. A 6-6 battle was a paragraph long? Those are HUGE battles, they take up 2 episodes on the TV show, sometimes 3, and you blindingly rushed through it. I am sure an Ice Gym leader, one who is the 7th badge, with an arsenal of ice pokemon could have defeated a rather large dragon with a X4 weakness to ice. I mean honestly. Cynthia is NOT THAT GOOD. So, all in all, the story was OK. You have a LOT of work to do though.

Some advice, it's best to focus on one or two stories and write the best you can on those (make them long, be sure there are no spelling errors, etc.) instead of posting a new story every day. The other authors don't deserve to have your stories bump them off the list, resulting in no posts in the other threads. If you keep this up a lot more, there might be a story posting limit here.

dmaster out.

Sorry dmaster. The Bellossom one has gone now.

OK seth, I'll take away that little bit. Note that Cynthia trains her Garchomp by knocking out all the ice Pokemon in Johto.

...and? That makes no sense really, and the Johto ice pokemon are NOT Sinnoh ice pokemon so...like Sneasel should be able to OHKO a Garchomp, or its evo should.

It's just extra training, Seth.

Chap 2 preview below:

"So that's how you caught Froslass?" asked Cynthia.
"Sure," replied Candice.
Above Candice, a majestic looking Pokemon hovered above her.
"Frroslasss!" it trilled.

Back