Sniping and Overrun for Yveltal BREAK

Craig Collier

Aspiring Trainer
I want to build a deck to abuse Yevetal Break. Im looking for sniping and overrun effects. I know all about bats and Darkria as well as the new Hoopa. Are there any other pokemon

Yveltal XY08 combos well with Yveltal Break. Another card that could be considered would be Spinda. I would run Yveltal Break in a Black Box deck that utilizes more than one theme but allows themes to be combined to enhance their effect.

Yveltal XY08 combos well with Yveltal Break. Another card that could be considered would be Spinda. I would run Yveltal Break in a Black Box deck that utilizes more than one theme but allows themes to be combined to enhance their effect.
Elaborate?

Moved from the Deck Garage to the Competitive Play as the OP is looking for strategic discussion over feedback on a 60-card decklist. ~bbninjas

I want to build a deck to abuse Yevetal Break. Im looking for sniping and overrun effects.

As the guy who gets annoyed when people use a term like "tech" in place of "add" or "counter" (instead of something at least resembling its original definition), I know how useful some key words/phrases are for keeping things concise. Unless you want to discourage those of us not "in the know" enough on the jargon from commenting, feel free to explain "overrun" and "Back Box deck". ^^' I could hazard a guess but would rather not.

Fi
As the guy who gets annoyed when people use a term like "tech" in place of "add" or "counter" (instead of something at least resembling its original definition), I know how useful some key words/phrases are for keeping things concise. Unless you want to discourage those of us not "in the know" enough on the jargon from commenting, feel free to explain "overrun" and "Back Box deck". ^^' I could hazard a guess but would rather not.
Find a card with an attack named overrun. Break through on xerneus ex and Darkiras for Dark explorers also have the attack type.

Fi

Find a card with an attack named overrun. Break through on xerneus ex and Darkiras for Dark explorers also have the attack type.

My bad, I forgot there were some cards with that as an attack name. Do you just mean those, or any attack that hits both Active and a Benched Pokémon?

Something else to possible consider is damage counter manipulation as well: Absol (ROS) for example can move three damage counters when you Bench it. With all those damage counters floating around, this could set up for or even score a KO.

This deck will only be legal after Steam Siege XY11 comes out and before the rotation in September.

Pokemons 17
  • 2 Yveltal XY
  • 2 Yveltal BKT
  • 3 Yveltal break - main attacker
  • 2 Pineco FLF
  • 2 Forretress FLF - spread damage on the bench to help Yveltal break's attack
  • 2 Zorua BKT
  • 2 Zoroark BKT - second attacker With a nice ability
  • 2 Shaymin ex
Trainers 33
  • 3 Sycamore
  • 2 N
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Brigette - to get the bench ready
  • 4 Trainers mail
  • 1 Startling megaphone - garbodor
  • 3 Floatstone
  • 2 Max elixir - to use before Yveltal evolves to break.
  • 4 Ultraball
  • 2 Super scoop up
  • 3 Vs seeker
  • 1 Super rod
  • 4 parallell city - to shrink Your opponents bench
Energy 10
  • 8 Dark energy
  • 2 Double colorless energy - for zoroark and yveltal BKT
Strategy:
Use Forretress's ability the spread damagecounters on the bench. Yveltal break does 120 for 3 dark energy + 30 damage to each pokemon With damagecounters on on the bench. If you have the right setup you can really hurt Your opponents bench. Yveltal XY is for energy acceleration, Yveltal BKT for the ability (when it's the active pokemon, no Tools in play has any effect).
Zoroark is free retreat and a second attacker.

You can run Yveltal Break with Yveltal XY08. Fright Night shuts down tools and Pitch Black Spear hits the active and a benched Pokémon Ex. Black Box is a darkness variant of Water Box. The main idea is to have more than one theme but make sure that the themes chosen can be combined too. For instance one could use Yveltal Break and Yveltal XY08 to have a bench hit theme. Absol would be a decent inclusion to enhance that tactic since he can move three damage counters from one of the opponent`s Pokémon to another. Spinda could also help since he has an attack for [C] that does ten damage to all of the opponent's Pokémon. In addition to the bench snipe tactic Darkrai Ex can be used with Malamar Ex to have an alternate attack team. The idea here is to attach to Malamar Ex and use Ninja Boy to turn him into Darkrai Ex once he has three energies attached. Ninja Boy also lets you switch between these two main themes. You can include cards such as Yveltal Ex and Umbreon Ex to have even more option. Similar to Water Box the deck is build around Max Elixir and Ninja Boy. It is a toolbox deck that focuses on two themes that may or may not be combined and attempts to adjust to the opponent.

Back