Ruling Sneasel's Masters Questions

sneasel-master

Aspiring Trainer
* This thread is for my questions be cause i can't re-call the other rules since i stopped playing for a long time (Duh)...
* I will be editing this thread I have more questions to be asked...
* I will be posting if there is a question added in this thread...

MY QUESTIONS:

* Can the suppoter & stadium cards from the EX series be played if Bonslys' "Fake Tears" took in effect (has a coin flip of heads)?

* If holon's castform is attached to infernape and infernape attacks w/ "flare blitz". It gets discarded right?

* Is there a tank (High HP) Basic Pokemon that can fit into an infernape deck?

* What stadium cards are mostly used in an infernape deck?

* What Metal Type pokemon in the modified format can perform well with empoleon in a water-metal deck?

* How do players decide when using a dice for coin replacement? (Could you please state an example how it works.)

(THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS)
I appreciate your help...

sneasel-master said:
* This thread is for my questions be cause i can't re-call the other rules since i stopped playing for a long time (Duh)...

MY QUESTIONS:

* If the pokemon is confused and tries to retreat do you discard the energy cards and flip a coin, if tails the pokemon can't reatreat???
No, you retreat as normal

* If the pokemon is confused and tries attack and its weakness is its self does it take 60 damage if the coin flip is tails???
No, i believe it uses damage counters though it could use the don't apply clause.

* Does the attack of Mgeanium in MT "Ultra powder" can apply all the effects of that attack on the defending pokemon if all are heads???
Yes it can, but rember to roll the dice 1 at a time. Or coin..

* Does Lucario LVL.Xs' Poke-power can only be used once???
Yes, unless you SSU it back to your hand and play it on another active Lucario

* In Dual active battles can both your active pokemon attack at the same turn or you can only choose one active pokemon to attack each turn???
Only 1 active attacks per-turn.

* What card sets are included in the modified format now that MT is released??? And when shall a card set be removed from the modified format???
There is no way to tell what sets get removed. But after each worlds tournament, they leak a few more sets to Cut. HP, CG, DF, PK, DP1 and MT are all in the current modified. If you want a deck that'll be modified next year, Go MT-on, as the format will probably be PK, or D/P1-on, but best to be safe. Pop 4 and up are also the only legal pop sets.

sneasel-master said:

MY QUESTIONS:

* If the pokemon is confused and tries to retreat do you discard the energy cards and flip a coin, if tails the pokemon can't reatreat???

The rules have changed a while ago, now, when a pokemon is confused, it does not have to flip, so you can discard the energy and retreat without flipping.

* If the pokemon is confused and tries attack and its weakness is its self does it take 60 damage if the coin flip is tails???

No, It does not do 60 damage because of Weakness. Weakness and resistance is not applied from confusion damage.

* Does the attack of Mgeanium in MT "Ultra powder" can apply all the effects of that attack on the defending pokemon if all are heads???

Yes, it does, For example, if the first coin was heads, and the second was tails, and then the third was Heads, then the defending pokemon would be Poisoned and Paralyzed.

* Does Lucario LVL.Xs' Poke-power can only be used once???

Yes, it can only be used once.

* In Dual active battles can both your active pokemon attack at the same turn or you can only choose one active pokemon to attack each turn???

Only one active pokemon can attack for that turn

* What card sets are included in the modified format now that MT is released??? And when shall a card set be removed from the modified format???

Holon Phantoms, Crystal Guardians, Dragon Frontiers, Power Keepers, Diamond and Pearl, Mysterious Treasures are all legal, Pop 4 and Pop 5 and also Pop 6 when it comes out, are all legal. There is no way of knowing WHAT will get rotated, but my money is that next year it will be Diamond and Pearl on. The next rotation will happen in August/September next year, after the World Championships.

Sneasel Master said:

Yes, Krucifier is correct but also all sets that are released between now and next August will also be legal.

@ Teddiursa
*So you mean all expansions from now until next august will be considered as modified???

"I HAVE POSTED NEW QUESTIONS"...

sneasel-master said:

MY QUESTIONS:

* What are the 20 cards most used in championships (excluding basic energy cards) ?

Night Maintenance, Time Space Distortion, Steven's Advice, Strength Charm, Scott, Castaway, Speed Stadium, Infernape, Delcatty, Empoleon, Absol Ex, Machamp, Lucario, Kricketune...The list goes on

* What cards can i use to improve an infernape deck in a DP block format (DP cards only)?

Just from DP there are not many pokemon it could combo with. You could try running it with Empoleon.

* Is there a faster way to LVL.X ?

No. Unfortunatly.

* Are there still tourneys that doesn't have the dual active match?

All premier tournaments should NOT be double battle. So at Premier Events like City Championships and State Championships, it should be single battle. Tournaments held at your league is up to the discretion of your TO.

* In starting the game I am first turn (I start the game first), that means I am not allowed to use any trainer, supporter and stadium cards. But can my opponent use the cards I can't use if he was second turn ( his trun after I end my turn)?

Yes. He can.

* When was the 3 tins for LVL.X infernape, empoleon, torterra leaglly released at states?

What do you mean? The three tins you are talking about are not released yet. They should be released in about 3~5 days.

To add to the list of popular cards Krucifier put up (you should also note that a lot of this is speculatory, especially the Pokemon, since Battle Roads hasn't happened yet, much less any actual Championships, so I'm going mainly from buzz on these boards and others as well as my own predictions/observations):

Trainers: Rare Candy, Holon Mentor, Warp Point, Crystal Beach, TV Reporter, Battle Frontier, Copycat, Team Galactic's Wager, Bebe's Search, Celio's Network, Professor Elm's Training Method, Quick Ball, Buffer Piece, Cessation Crystal.

Pokemon (remember, a lot of this is speculation, and I'm just adding to Krucifier's list): Dodrio, Garchomp, Nidoqueen d, Flygon ex d, Chingling (will be replaced with Stantler from Shining Darkness soon I'm sure), Octillery, Dragonite ex d, Ambipom, Gardevoir ex d, Flygon d, Delcatty ex, Rayquaza ex d, Typhlosion (MT), Blaziken (PK), Magmortar, Electivire. There are a lot of other playable cards out there that will certainly make some sort of a splash I'm sure, or that have devoted players but aren't extremely widespread, such as Crobat, the "Lake Trio" of Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf, Gyarados (MT), Metagross ex, Exeggutor (MT), Raichu (MT), Nidoqueen (MT), Dusknoir, Rampardos, Latias ex d, etc..

@ Krucifer

Sorry for the sentence English is my third language i can't uhmm... translate what i really want to ask... since i don't know the date the 3 LVL.X tins were released at U.S.A. ... I wanted to ask if it is released al ready what was its release date so i would know what month would the tin arrive here at our country that's all... since MT was released this august i still need to wait 2~3 months for the expansion to arrive here... I waited 2 months (i think it was a wait that was very long) for the DP base set T_T

"THE TOP 20 cards that are mostly used its a combination of trainer (includes supporter, stadium, pokemon tool), pokemon and special energy cards."
Are the cards i want to know described by the question on top 20 cards...

sneasel-master said:

MY QUESTIONS:

* About Special energy cards that provide any color of energy. If Charizard from EX Dragon attacks w/ flame pillar and has lets say a scramble and a rainbow on it. Does it do 30 damage to bench even w/o discarding a card?
[colour=red]Doesn't matter what they supply, they are everything else as well. It could be an attack using Grass energies and you use Rainbows, then they force you to discard Psychic, it discards.[/color]
* Does the dark charizard w/ continuous fire ball that has 2 rainbow energy on it attack and yet not discard energy cardsbut still do 100 damage?
Look above.
*Will unown E be discarded by windstorm?
Yes. It says that Unown E is now a tool.
*When the pokemon Unown E is attached to is K.O. what happens to Unown E?
It's a tool, so it's discarded. No longer a Pokémon, a tool.
* On Typhlosion MT if it attacks a pokemon w/ rainbow/multi and 2 dark energy attached to it do you discard the multi/RAINBOW?
Yes. It's Water, Psy, Fire, Lighyning, etc.
* Does it mean that when a Special energy card provides all types of energy and your pokemon that says discard [element] energy you have to dis card the Special energy card [Ex: Flamethrower= pokemon has energy cards scramble (do you discard?)]?
See above...

sneasel-master said:

MY QUESTIONS:

* About Buffer Piece. When does Buffer Piece gets discarded?
At the end of your opponent's turn...
* Do Pluspower/Strength Charm/Solid Rage amplified attacks give twice damage if weakness is in X2 Effect?
Yes, if I'm right...
* What Engine is mostly used in an infernape type deck?
Not really sure this, sorry...

At the end of your turn
* Do Pluspower/Strength Charm/Solid Rage amplified attacks give twice damage if weakness is in X2 Effect?
No becuase each card specificly says "(before applying Weakness or Resistance)"
Delcatty Energy draw I think is mostly used.

Oops, that what I meant. At the end of a turn. Soz, thanks for clearing that up PPM ^_^

I just had to Sign up, because I can't watch people constantly getting&giving wrong answers to others in here. I really do think that there should be some requlation as to who can reply in the TCG questions (Like, I know there are more than few Professors in here who actually DO know the answers for these...)

Andyman is Wrong. And please, people, only answer if you are 100%sure about it:

Andyman said:
At the end of your turn
Nope, it doesn't- Read the card, it says "at the end of your opponents turn." Thus Psychic Pokemon Master is correct.
No becuase each card specificly says "(before applying Weakness or Resistance)"
Wrong. As you can see yourself, it really DOES say "Before applying weakness and resistance." Thus, "Tackle: 10", you apply +10 dmg for Strenght charm = 20, and then you apply weakness: 20*2=40 damage for total.
This I do not know, for I don't follow metagames.

Besides, these are easy questions compared to some unlimited rulings ;P

~Psy?

EDIT: Oops, I somehow missed that PPM had already answered those questions. Another thing that I don't like is when poeple do like I did: Give the correct answers when they have already been given XP

sneasel-master said:

MY QUESTIONS:

* What is font of the letters that are printed in the cards?
GS Condensed, if I'm not mistaken..
* About D/P moon hunting & night dashing. Are there any english translations?
Not sure about this...
* How does the scott away Engine basically work?
Look below;

Ex Dragon18 said:
Scott Engine (RS-on, HL-on, DX-on)
this is the probably the Best Engine after the Holon Engine. Using Scott to grab 1 Supporter, 1 scott and 1 Stadium. of course not always, but that's the probably the best IMO.

a Possible List:
3/4 Scott (EM/PK)
2+ Stadiums
3/4 Drawers
3/4 Copycat/Prof. Oak's Research
3/4 Celio's Network/Prof. Elms Training Method.
3+ other Supporters (e.g. Pokemon Fan Club, Mr. Stone's Project etc.)

Back