TCG Fakes SneaselGenesis' Pokémon World Leaders (Mini Sets) (Image Based)

SneaselGenesis

Aspiring Trainer
I've decided to work on a group of mini-sets called Pokémon World Leaders. This set is designed to focus on the Gym Leaders of each Pokémon League. The first cards I make will be focused on the Johto Leaders. My goals with these sets are to make fun sets that can be played well with one another and each Gym Leader having a unified strategy so that the Pokémon owned by the Gym Leader will play well together.

Here are the cards I currently have for this set.

Morty

Mortys%20Litwick%20copy_zpsmbimzdz1.png

Mortys%20Lampert%20copy_zps42mydlgh.png

Mortys%20Chandelure%20copy_zpsvryxn4pp.png

Mortys%20Gastly%20copy_zps4dpc1cbj.png

Mortys%20Haunter%20copy_zps4wfzrz45.png

Mortys%20Gengar%20copy_zpsxiwbvnfd.png

Last edited:
Not sure if you know this and is deliberate, but the Gengar's second attack should be called Pain Split I think.
I feel that this is a kinda nostalgic custom set, since it brings back a lot of the old Gym Leader ideas, and actually has consistent, decent Pokemon.

Thank you for noticing my typo. :) Corrected it as well as moved the trainer symbol to a location I prefer on the cards.

Your Chandulure contradicts itself I think. When the attack mentions Energy attached, it refers to it as Energy. The ability refers to it attached Energy cards. This contradicts itself, and the terms are different even though they are both relevant to being attached. I believe using Energy is correct since it is energy once attached

Normally, what @TheSceptileMaster said is right for wording. However, that's only for BW/XY/SM. In those eras, "Energy" is used when the Energy is attached to a Pokemon (especially in discarding effects) and "Energy card" is used when the Energy is not attached to a Pokemon. However, DP/HGSS uses "Energy card" also to refer to Energy attached, with Tyranitar UL another good reference for this.

._. Welp, sorry for the problem Mr. Sneasel. I honestly should have thought about the card era. Nice attack for the Chandelure though ^w^

Back