SM7a 'Fairy Rise' Announced!

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
If I were a budget player, I'd sadly rather run an Alolan Exeggutor deck than Vespiquen, as it has 160 HP, can do similar damage with 1 energy, and your opponent can't invalidate your attack by exploiting your bench. I guess there are more partners for Vespiquen, though.

Wechselbalg

brb
Net ball for Vika-Bulu deck will be necessary think of the rotation of heavy ball,

It will be a tech at most, as the appeal of Heavy Ball in VikaBulu was that it searched both Bulu and Vikavolt. Net Ball gets you only Bulu, which you can also do with Nest Ball. VikaBulu has to play Timer Ball unfortunately, to be able to go Rare Candy->Vikavolt asap.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Kind of dumb it only gets basic grass pokemon that makes it almost the same card as nest ball except it goes to your hand and you could get an energy instead. I'd much rather it search all grass pokemon and boost the consistency for all grass decks

Kent Freeze

Aspiring Trainer
Sudowoodo is going to see a lot more play after parallel rotates as it is an easy counter for Zoroark, so I don't see vespiqueen seeing much play.

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
your opponent can't invalidate your attack by exploiting your bench.

How are they supposed to do that? Parallel and Sudowoodo, but one of those is rotating and the other isn't really a common tech, and likely won't be.

Net ball is bad, but Vespiquen is interesting. With Shuckle coming out, A-Egg may still be better though.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Combee/Vespiquen - this Combee won't be good in Expanded since Bee Revenge needs more Pokémon in the discard but in Standard, it can be if we have a good Vespiquen unlike this one. 120 for 1 if you have 5 Grass Pokémon in the bench. Lurantis can be because not just filling the bench w/ Grass mons but boosts the dmg. Not sure on Shiftry because you are just an inconsistent card there. The problem on Vespi is.... lele. I always say that Lele will be mad if these gimmicks like this are there. It must have 1 reserve space for Lele to search for a T1 consistent Supporter. I don't think it'll be as great as other decks right now. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Net Ball - Adds consistency to Grass decks. 3 Geodudes

ddskzb

Aspiring Trainer
Net ball can search Shuckle and use the ability, which is good way of energy acceleration for grass deck.

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
How can 3 cards in one reveal all be so consistently awful.

1 energy 120 isn't bad, and if you build a deck around setting up that full grass bench it could be a pretty interesting rogue. I don't see how Net Ball is in any way bad though. It's not really relevant in the current format because there aren't any good grass decks, but it could make Venusaur/ Genesect a little more interesting.

Net ball can search Shuckle and use the ability, which is good way of energy acceleration for grass deck.
Oh, yeah, is Shuckle/ Shining Genesect/ Venusaur too clunky? You could almost run that without Lele GX.

I'd really love for Shining Genesect to be viable.

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
1. Buzzwole already has an advantage, if they went first, and you are using your first attacking turn to grab basics that need to evolve.
Buzzwole only needs 1 energy. That's it. No evolutions.
You can have 2 Buzzwole "set-up" on turn 2.
Don't forget, Brooklet allows you to grab Diancie and other Buzzwole.
2. That's not the problem, as that's the topic we were on; Buzzwole staying relevant, because it beats Zoroark-GX
Also, Zoroark tends to run 3-4 non DCEnergy, whereas Buzzwole runs 8-10.
This means, objectively, Buzzwole attacking turn one is far more likely than you attacking turn one.
and remember, no Puzzle of Time to get the Energy back, so DCE on Dunsparce is scary.
3. So: First attacking Turn + attachment for the turn + giving a prize card, is better than Brigette...?
What are you saving Zorua from? Is this admitting that Buzzwole still has early game pressure?
4. Because Latios is currently being run, and will still be standard post-rotation.
Try not to be defensive; things like Deoxys still don't OHKO.
and even if you did knock out a GX, baby Buzz OHKOs for one energy.
Again, there is a reason why the deck was hyped up, and why Psychic techs became common.​

5. Not sure how this goes against my argument. This seems more like you're agreeing with me.

Sorry, you don't seem to understand the flaws of the cards you're representing...
and as such, it's just resulting in circle talk.

See you at the tables.
What I’m saying is that next year, zoroark won’t be as relevant as it used to be, as it’s losing its bits of strategy. Apparently, you don’t understand that. Zoroark loses way to many techs, such as evosoda and puzzles of time, and the cards It works with either lose crucial cards or go out themselves. For example, golisopod is losing float stone, creating a problem trying to return to the bench. Garbodor is losing, well, trashalanche garbodor! Overall, your argument of how zoroark is going down to buzzwole is flawed, as zoroark doesn’t seem to be relevant next year, giving buzzwoles edge over zoroark no use next year. Besides, as we know from the past few years, whatever deck wins worlds, which buzzwole has a high shot of doing, gets countered. Plus, deoxys goal isn’t to OHKO buzzwole, it’s to keep it in check. Deoxys makes sure buzzwole doesn’t use to much energy. As one more energy attached is forty more damage done. If I’m correct, your argument is that buzzwoles advantage is that it can kill zoroark, one of the best cards in the game currently. Your also claiming that buzzwole will stay strong next year, and that it’s losses are minimal. Sorry to break your heart, but 1. Zoroark just doesn’t have the strength to be relevant anymore. 2. Buzzwole loses its consistency, it’s maximum output of addon damage tops out next year at 50, and it loses its draw power.

So, have fun with buzzwole!... For the next month. Better start building something else

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
  • What I’m saying is that next year, zoroark won’t be as relevant as it used to be[...]
  • Zoroark doesn’t seem to be relevant next year
  • Buzzwole has a high shot of [winning worlds]

Yeah, this is exactly my point.
You act like an authority on the matter; which makes this a bit comedic:
Garbodor is losing, well, trashalanche garbodor!

Your opinions are stated as facts, yet it's not possible for you to have tested with them.
Claiming that Zoroark-GX will stop being relevant...
When every deck loses consistency.
and it's the most consistent card.

It's just an illogical claim, and you present it as irrefutable.
and this:
it’s maximum output of addon damage tops out next year at 50

Is actually just incorrect.

Like I said, see you at the tables.
I'm sure you'll make it far with your mindset.

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
Yeah, this is exactly my point.
You act like an authority on the matter; which makes this a bit comedic:

Your opinions are stated as facts, yet it's not possible for you to have tested with them.
Claiming that Zoroark-GX will stop being relevant...
When every deck loses consistency.
and it's the most consistent card.

It's just an illogical claim, and you present it as irrefutable.
and this:

Is actually just incorrect.

Like I said, see you at the tables.
I'm sure you'll make it far with your mindset.
Wow, what a kind person you are! This response.. rude!

Honestly, I think your missing my point. What I’m saying is yes, all decks are losing items. However, zoroark is losing the key items to its success. Puzzle of time helps you gain back cards you needed, or gave you the right trade draws. Evosoda got zoroarks out quickly, and that was a huuuge importance as the goal was to start trading early on. Bridgette literally get these needed Zoroaster out, and in great number. I state these as facts because they ARE facts. I can have tested them, as my brother plays zoroark golisopod, and the evosoda,for example, was a key to his success. Half of the time, he would use it to either set up a zoroark, or if he wanted to attack, set up a golisopod. And he didn’t have to wait to get the card. Without evosoda, it gets harder to get zoroarks out, which makes trade take much longer to be usable, making this decks main strategy begin to crumble. Now, I do need to correct myself with the damage part, but what I’m trying to say(and you won’t accept) is that buzzwole doesnt have the high amount of damage it had post rotation.

Now, after having to explain my POV, do I need say any more? Questions, anyone? Because if you do, go watch the video google made, and you might open your mind a little. Now, are you going to listen? or are you going to keep rudely telling me I’m wrong, and your right because I’m a stupid adolescent who knows nothing.

Luplayz

The Master of bad Pokemon
Large damage. Easy to do, with net ball and even easier if your running a pure Grass deck!
And the fact of other things like Pokemon fan club!

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Net ball and Nest ball.

Hoooboy, better watch out for typos on those deck lists.

Kyrushi

Squirrel
Vespiquen would be a great addition to my Leafeon deck! a one energy backup attacker if leafeon goes down is swell. I likely have plenty of items left when I have an idea situation anywho.

Antonio123456

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know what you all are taking about. I see potential. Single energy, one prize stage 2 two shotting everything im the format. Lurantis promo with choice band one shots leles. It could be a decent partner for decidueye for a fun deck
Omfg Vespiquen is back...and it's just ok.

Net Ball is objectively good but I personally hate type exclusive search cards that have no discard requirements, as I think they are low-key broken.

EDIT: Nvm it only searches for a basic, so that makes it a lot more balanced, almost to the point of being useless, since there is this thing called Nest Ball. In Standard, it could be played in VikaBulu though, as it searches either Bulu or a grass energy in case you whiff one of them.
I agree, even mysterious treasure is god tier in the upcoming format with ultra balls being the only good Pokemon search.

Antonio123456

Aspiring Trainer
If I were a budget player, I'd sadly rather run an Alolan Exeggutor deck than Vespiquen, as it has 160 HP, can do similar damage with 1 energy, and your opponent can't invalidate your attack by exploiting your bench. I guess there are more partners for Vespiquen, though.
Will vespiqueen be in the same format as parallel? I'm not seeing bench hate in the next few sets