• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format (SM3 Expanded) Vikavolt V [VikaV]

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
Pokemon (13):
  • Vikavolt V (4)
Vikavolt V – Lightning – HP210
Basic Pokemon

[L][C] Paralyzing Bolt: 50 damage. Your opponent can’t play any Item cards from their hand during their next turn.

[L][L][C] Super Zap Cannon: 190 damage. Discard 2 Energy from this Pokemon.

When your Pokemon V is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3
  • Trubbish NVI (2)
  • Garbodor BKP (2)
  • Tapu Lele GX (2)
  • Dedenne GX (1)
  • Tapu Koko PS (1)
  • Ditto PS (1)
Trainer (36):
  • Guzma (2)
  • Lysandre (1)
  • Sycamore (3)
  • Cynthia (2)
  • N (1)
  • Volkner (1)
  • Brigitte (1)
  • Thunder Mountain PS (1)
  • Parallel City (2)
  • Computer Search (1)
  • Vs Seeker (4)
  • Nest Ball (3)
  • Ultra Ball (3)
  • Rescue Stretcher (1)
  • Battle Compressor (3)
  • Float Stone (3)
  • Electropower (4)
Energy (11):
  • Speed Lightning (4)
  • Lightning (7)

Vikavolt V in expanded, to me, seems like a new version of Seismitoad EX with a different set of attuned tools to make it excel, and here, I drop my first list of it. I don't play expanded very often, but from what I know, Seismitoad is still somewhat good, as is Item lock in general. Vikavolt V has a very similar attack to Quaking punch, but does more damage at a slightly more specific cost; however, this cost can be reduced to effectively nothing, thanks to the energy acceleration tools Lightning types have. With Thunder Mountain and the use of Koko prism's ability, you can charge up TWO Vikavolt V for as long as Thunder Mountain remains active. Using a 3-3 ball core, a Brigitte for the first turn going second, and Speed Lightning to improve T1 draw power, getting out enough Vikavolt V to set up an early item lock shouldn't be too much of a hassle. The 2-2 Garbotoxin Garb line serves to further suppress my opponent's ability to play, and the 2 Lele/1 Dedenne are for early set-up. The remaining Trainers are largely for consistency. Including extra lightning energy and electropower may seem weird, but they are included for the sake of ensuring I have enough energy to attack if Thunder Mountain goes down and enabling the second attack, which pulls off massive damage, presumably to take a final KO.

Due to my inexperience with Expanded, I'd appreciate advice on what crucial cards I'm missing (Field Blower comes to mind, but I don't know what I would cut). Thanks!

Mora

Don't Panic
Including extra lightning energy and electropower may seem weird, but they are included for the sake of ensuring I have enough energy to attack if Thunder Mountain goes down and enabling the second attack, which pulls off massive damage, presumably to take a final KO.

I think you might still have a little too much Energy in your deck (maybe). You're only going to want to use his second attack to take your last two prizes, and you can be smart with your Thunder Mountain / Tapu Koko and not use it unless you have to. That being said, all of your energy acceleration are one-ofs, so you can't really rely on them anyway. It could actually be that you 10 Energy wouldn't be enough. Definitely test it and see.

I like your inclusion of Brigitte to deal with Tracer to search since most of your Pokémon are Basics (and not EX), but with a 3-3 Ball Engine, it's not super necessary, so if you're looking for stuff to cut to make room for other things, I would consider taking out this card. It's excellent on the first turn, but kinda lackluster after that, and since you can't play Supporters first turn going first any more, it's just not quite as useful as it once was. Still good, just not quite as good.

I would consider playing Muscle Band, Choice Band, etc. in addition to / instead of Electropower. Garbodor variants usually play more than just the 3 Float Stone and will put Choice Band on Garbodor if they have to. More tools is better. And Muscle Band stays in play, so assuming it doesn't get blown off, you'll do more damage in the long run.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Seismitoad does well(or did) because it played many disruption cards and used more damaging cards like laser bank. If your not gonna play disruption your eventually gonna get overwhelmed item lock is not enough in itself.

Mora

Don't Panic
Seismitoad does well(or did) because it played many disruption cards and used more damaging cards like laser bank. If your not gonna play disruption your eventually gonna get overwhelmed item lock is not enough in itself.

Yeah definitely Laserbank over Electropower and Parallel City.

Sword.N

Aspiring Trainer
Glad there's another big basic Pokemon with Quaking Punch attack.In my oppinion,the deck need to be fast to get consistent T2 Paralyzing Bolt.I would make the following changes to your list.

-3 Lightning Energy ——7+4 energy is too much since your only energy accleration is Koko-ps.Cut some to make place for other cards.

-3 Nest Ball
+4 Quick Ball
+1 Ultra Ball ——Max the balls to get consistent T2 Paralyzing Bolt.Quick Ball can get access to Dedenne and Lele,making it better choice than Nest Ball.

-1 Guzma
-1 Lysandre
-2 Cynthia
-1 Brigette
+1 N ——Now you have more balls,so cut down the amount of Supporters.You can always reuse them with Vs Seeker.

For some addition damage output,you can run Garbodor from SwSh2 instead of the BKP one,as well as some poison stuff:
-1 Trubbish
-2 Garbodor BKP
-2 Parallel Cith
-1 Float Stone
+2×Garbodor
+1 Alolan Muk
+2 Virbank City Gym
+1 Koga's Trap

Guzma&Hala can get access to Thunder mountain/Speed Lightning/Float stone at the same time.You can search it out using Lele.Also take some other tools:
+1 Guzma&Hala
+2 Muscle Band/Fighting Fury Belt
+1 Counter Gain

Finally some disruption cards:
+1 Faba
+1 Field Blower

S3 is far from us,we know nothing about Japan's S3 pack at the moment,so it's a bit early to talk about the deck.Hope my suggestion would still work by that time;)

ADP Big Rat

150/350
Why do you run Ditto Prism? It doesn't do anything. That aside I think it's way too early to begin testing a non-existent format, especially since anything can be banned by the time our August set drops, changing the meta and Vikavolt's place in it. If you insist on testing anyway, I'd build it similarly to Toad.