Collecting Sleeving

Rapidstormz

Aspiring Trainer
Hello guys, I've been wondering about the number of sleeves to use in sleevin my Poke-card collection. Currently, I just double sleeve all my ultra rares but have been thinking of triple sleevin them. Is triple sleevin too much? Fyi, all my ultra rares are stored in a 3 x 3 binder. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I think as long as sleeves and in binder their pretty safe. If you triple sleeve won't it slightly buckle the card as the for would be too snug?

Just a thought

I think as long as sleeved and in binder their pretty safe. If you triple sleeve won't it slightly buckle the card as the fit would be too snug?

Just a thought

I think as long as sleeved and in binder their pretty safe. If you triple sleeve won't it slightly buckle the card as the fit would be too snug?

Just a thought
Well, I first sleeve them with perfect fits, then into card barriers following with penny sleeves after the barriers and lastly into my zipped binder. Too much?

Very thorough. Can't be too careful I suppose. I've read somewhere of some people insuring their collections too.

Well, my sleeving method is putting all of my Goomy in ETB sleeves, then putting them in a 3x3 binder. They are safe.
My Ultra Rares sit unsleeved in a loose mini-album.
This shows you where my priorities are.
If I was you, I'd just sleeve them once and put them in a binder. Safe enough as really nobody is going to sneak into your house in the middle of the night and throw jagged pebbles at your cards. Really. And double sleeving and putting them in a binder means you run out of sleeves twice as fast. Maybe you can afford to buy new sleeves, and that is no problem for you.
So what you do:
Sleeve once, put in binder, if you don't like the outcome, double sleeve and put in binder. The shop at my league does the One Sleeve In Binder combo. It works well.

There is no reason to doulble sleeves cards that are going to just sit in a binder let alone triple sleeve. I only double sleeve cards i play with and thats only because it keeps crud from getting inside the sleeve onto the card in which case a 3rd sleeve is redundant.

I keep my ultras in my binder in penny sleeves, and they're in good condition still. There's really no point to double sleeve binder stuff, nobody I know does it. If you have really valuable stuff, I would penny sleeve it then put it into a toploader for extra protection.

You can never be too careful.

Sleeve with perfect fit inner sleeve.
Sleeve that with the most tough and expensive sleeves you could find.
Sleeve that with those outer sleeves.
Put that in a top loader.
Put top loader with card in it in a container.
Put container in vacuum sealed box with a lock.
Put vacuum sealed box in a vacuum sealed safe.
Place vacuum sealed safe in vacuum sealed vault.
Place vacuum sealed vault under miles of concrete with radiation shielding.
Place bunker in the middle of nowhere.
Deploy auto-turrets on premises.

That should keep the card safe.

Where can you get those perfect fit clear sleeve's or as I call them, card sleeve tights? (Not the penny sleeve ones)

Back