• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sleeping Spores Deck: Amoonguss & Breloom

Catastrophia

PokéBeach Articles Editor
Articles Staff
I was inspired to try and create a working deck with Amoonguss & Breloom after playing with them at the Pre-Release this weekend. This is my first try at a decklist, and it's an evolving beast so all tips and suggestions welcome.

Pokemon (20)
4 x Foongus UNM 13/239
3 x Amoonguss UNM 14/236
4 x Shroomish UNM 5/236
4 x Breloom UNM 108/236
1 x Ditto ◇ LOT 154/214
1 x Muk TEU 63/181
1 x Araquanid UPR 17/156
2 x Mareep LOT 17/214

Trainers (38)
4 x Cynthia
2 x Tate & Liza
2 x Lillie
1 x Erica's Hospitality
3 x Professor Elm's Lecture
4 x Net Ball
2 x U-Turn Board
3 x Slumbering Forest
2 x Dust Island
1 x Stadium Nav
4 x Pokemon Communication
2 x Switch
2 x Koga's Trap

Energy (8)
8 x Grass Energy

The aim of the deck is to get an Amoonguss up as quickly as possible and keep your opponent's Pokemon asleep (and sometimes Poisoned too), then knock them out with the Breloom or Amoonguss. Keeping them asleep is key so I have 3 Slumbering Forest in there, and then Dust island if I find I'm using the Poison and attacking with Amoonguss. The Mareep are there to basically ensure that every turn you can put your opponents Pokemon to sleep, and hopefully switch out or retreat with U-Turn Board into a Breloom.

The Araquanid is literally there for the Reshizard matchups. I'm considering cutting a stadium for a Lure Ball or two, and I'm not sure about the Muk in there as I don't think it's important enough to take up a bench space.

Let me know your thoughts and suggestions, I am well aware that this isn't a contender for top-tier, but think it could be a fun deck for local tourneys.

You could prob just drop the amoongus entirely and play full marreep that would give you tons more room to work with also diancie is essential

maybe try some PokeNavs to boost comsistency
Out of curiosity what would you drop for the Pokenav?

You could prob just drop the amoongus entirely and play full marreep that would give you tons more room to work with also diancie is essential
I've considered that, that way I could entirely drop the Koga's and the Muk etc. and focus on the harder hitting Breloom.

I could then put in more fighting support like Karate Belt. Definitely something to consider.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back