• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Slakidor!/Garboking!

PumpedAaron

S Type Armor
YAHOOOO!!!

Yo guys! I'm comin' 'atcha with a Rogue Deck called Garboking/Slakidor!

Check this out.

Pokemon

3 Slakoth DRX 101
1 Vigoroth DRX 102
4 Slaking DRX 103
3 Trubbish NVI 48
3 Garbodor DRX 54
2 Shaymin-EX NXD 5

[16 Cards ]

Trainer

4 Professor Juniper DEX 98
4 N NVI 92
2 Random Receiver DEX 99
3 Switch BLW 104
3 Energy Switch BLW 94
4 Giant Cape DRX 114
4 Rare Candy DEX 100
3 Ultra Ball DEX 102
2 Rocky Helmet NVI 94
4 Pokemon Catcher EPO 95

[33 Cards ]

Energy

4 Double Colorless NXD 92
7 {G} BLW 11

[11 Cards ]

So the strategy here is to setup Slaking on Turn 2, along with Garbodor blocking off ALL Abilities, including Unobservant, letting Slaking attack Pokemon-EX's and other Basic Pokemon. Pokemon Catcher is a staple card, allowing me to target any Pokemon I want, as well as remove Energy quickly from a Pokemon my opponent tries to build on the Bench. Even with Eviolite, they'll still have to contend with the consistent energy removal.With Shaymin-EX's Synthesis, DBLE Colorless, and Energy Switch and Switch, I should have Slaking ready to attack by Turn 2.

As you can see, this Deck is rather heavy on the Pokemon count, and I can't fit more Supporters or some extra Search cards in here. Tell me what you guys think, and thanks a bunch for reading ^.===.^!!

With Dark Cloak gone, you'd be much better off with a non-ability EX, such as Terrakion. Also, I'd put in some Tornadus EX if you keep darkrai, seeing as Terrakion wrecks you deck right now. I can tell you right off the bat that your supporter count is FAR too low. I'd take out all the darkrais and darks for 3 Terrakion EX and 7 fightings, and I'd take out a rare candy, an ultra ball, a crushing hammer, and 3 Dark Patch for 2 Cheren/Bianca and 4 Catcher just to improve consistency and overall efficiency. Darkrai serves no real benefit, so some good energy accel would help you out more, along with hitting many metadecks for weakness. You need need need at least 10 supporters, not counting RR, in this format. Catcher is a must in this deck since you can catcher their attackers on the bench while they're setting up, and discard their eergy

I think the point of Darkrai is for the boost with energy acceleration, although I agree Terrakion gives it a lot of trouble. You already use Energy Switch, so Shaymin EX with a few Blends might work.

Mora said:
I think the point of Darkrai is for the boost with energy acceleration, although I agree Terrakion gives it a lot of trouble. You already use Energy Switch, so Shaymin EX with a few Blends might work.

Good idea! If I use Shaymin EX's Synthesis and Energy Switch to accelerate Slakoth's/Slaking's Energy. He'll be ready to attack on turn 2.

It is, isn't it! *Takes credit for idea*

What I actually meant was lay down Shaymin, attach, and Energy Switch to it for a revenge, revenge KO. That could work too, but then you would be laying it down early game and might lose prise cards on account of it. But I certainly would try it.

EDIT: Just realized you would actually need two Energy Switches to pull this off since your T1 attachment goes to Shaymin. If you attach a DCE to Slaking T2, you'd need two more to attack T2. I think Darkrai would be better for T2, but Shaymin could still be a viable answer to Terrakion.

Mora said:
It is, isn't it! *Takes credit for idea*

What I actually meant was lay down Shaymin, attach, and Energy Switch to it for a revenge, revenge KO. That could work too, but then you would be laying it down early game and might lose prise cards on account of it. But I certainly would try it.

EDIT: Just realized you would actually need two Energy Switches to pull this off since your T1 attachment goes to Shaymin. If you attach a DCE to Slaking T2, you'd need two more to attack T2. I think Darkrai would be better for T2, but Shaymin could still be a viable answer to Terrakion.

Actually, I would only need 1 Energy Switch, because Slakoth's first Energy is provided by Synthesis, the 2nd and 3rd Energy are provided by DBLE {C}, and the 4th Energy is provided by 1 Energy Switch. Then I can retreat using Switch or Skyarrow Bridge(preferably Switch so I don't pump up foe Tornadus EXs)

Duh, else what would be the point of attaching to Shaymin. For some reason I was thinking Synthesis attached to Shaymin (which would be stupid). I find I often forget the exact effects of cards I rarely use :p

I think this is a good start. Granted I would like to see a thicker Slaking line among other things:
-6 {D}
-4 Darkrai
-3 Dark Patch
+6 {G}
+4 Pokemon Catcher; I just noticed the lack of Catcher, and I have to say that Catcher takes priority, especially when there may be turns you can't attack because your opponent is walling you with an EX while you can't get out Garbodor.
+2 Shaymin EX
+1 Energy Switch

Alright guys. I've made some edits to apply to your advice! Here it is.

-6{D}
-4 Darkrai-EX
-3 Dark Patch
-1 Ultra Ball
-3 Crushing Hammer

+7{G}
+2 Shaymin-EX
+4 Pokemon Catcher
+3 Switch
+1 Slaking

Switch is, obviously a very staple Trainer Card that I need, to make sure I've got the right Pokemon Active when I need it, and to undo foe's Catcher stall turns. I pumped up the Slaking line, as suggested, but I can't find room to add a few extra Supporters as Puff suggested, or to add more search cards like Level Ball, and possibly Pokemon Communication! As far as Puff's suggestion is concerned, I COULD remove 2 RR for Bianca/Cheren...

Back