TCG Fakes Site: EX-CardMaker

RegisteelX

Aspiring Trainer
Ooh! Custom templates are a fun prospect! The template itself looks very clean. Pokémon Prism Star should go to the Lost Zone when Knocked Out, though. Shining Pokémon already exist if people are looking for a “one Pokémon ____ with the same name in your deck” gimmick. I know the lost zone didn’t exist yet, but, well, neither did Prism Star Pokémon.
Yes, I deliberately left out the Lost Zone. The fun difference is that you can only have 1 Shining Pokémon in your deck, but you can have multiple Prism Pokémon cards in your deck as long as they have different names 😉

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Yes, I deliberately left out the Lost Zone. The fun difference is that you can only have 1 Shining Pokémon in your deck, but you can have multiple Prism Pokémon cards in your deck as long as they have different names 😉
No, I’m serious, the Shining Pokémon clause isn’t the same as the Pokémon Star clause or the Prism Star clause.
Shining Raichu.jpg
"You can't have more than 1 Shining Raichu in your deck." (Tiny text top right, above the HP and type.)
Torchic Star.jpg
"You can't have more than 1 Pokémon Star in your deck." (Below the illustrator under the righthand side of the illustration frame, where EX era ruleboxes usually go.)
Volcanion Prism Star.jpg
"(Prism Star) Rule: You can't have more than 1 * card with the same name in your deck. If a * card would go to the discard pile, put it in the Lost Zone instead." (Directly underneath the illustration.)
I get where the confusion came from, though. I only noticed it recently myself. To be fair, it's a really small line of text thrown high up on the card. I'm not sure I ever would have noticed if Shining Magikarp hadn't mentioned Shining Gyarados along with Gyarados and Dark Gyarados as searchable cards, causing me to think "that's odd, wouldn't they be incompatible cards?"
Shining Magikarp Celebrations.jpg
"Dragon Bond. Search your deck for a card named Gyarados, Dark Gyarados, or Shining Gyarados. Show it to your opponent and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward."
I'm not necessarily saying you have to scrap the old templates in favor of a tiny bar of text. The Prism Star symbols are certainly more interesting than nothing, though Shining Pokémon absolutely had an interesting aesthetic deviation putting the holofoil exclusively on the Pokémon. But there will be perfectionists out there who will get excited about being able to use their favorite mechanic, only to be disappointed when they realize it doesn't have the authentic effect. It would probably be worth taking the time to add edited versions, at the very least, even if it's lower on the priorities list. For what it's worth, the fact that the Lost Zone wouldn't exist for another four years and three months after Team Rocket Returns also applies to the aesthetic differences of Prism Stars.
I still thought the template looks nice, though! Your e-card ex's, Dark, and Delta Species blanks definitely take the cake, though.[/SPOILER]

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
You have done a very great job on this card maker thing. Except for the fact that a few fonts and placements are a bit off, everything is really clean and good! I also think that the energies are a bit squished together but it seems that the cards made by others do not have this problem. Wonder why this happened. Also, I cannot save my cards so I had to screenshot it.

dfr9ngm-d2d5fd74-7e68-41fb-93e8-d220b4068d90.png

Porygonbail

Aspiring Trainer
This is immensely exciting to me! The EX era was one of my favorites! You all put so much work into these makers, I am amazed!

RegisteelX

Aspiring Trainer
*Snip for size*
Ah, I was using the Ex-Era as context and assumed you were using Shining as a reference to Goldstar 🙂
I might look into refining it it in the future 😉
You have done a very great job on this card maker thing. Except for the fact that a few fonts and placements are a bit off, everything is really clean and good! I also think that the energies are a bit squished together but it seems that the cards made by others do not have this problem. Wonder why this happened. Also, I cannot save my cards so I had to screenshot it.
Thanks for trying it out! I unfortunately wasn't able to replicate those visual artifacts. That combined with the fact you couldn't download makes me think it's either your browser, some extension like an ad-blocker or some custom CSS extension somehow. I have no idea really.
togekiss.png
This is immensely exciting to me! The EX era was one of my favorites! You all put so much work into these makers, I am amazed!
Thank you! Glad to hear you like it 😃

arturito

Aspiring Trainer
Congrats! I liked the idea. With Scarlet & Violet bringing back the Mechanics of "Pokémon ex", I imagine the Ruby & Sapphire template with the most modern parameters.

PS: Any plans to add Trainers and Special Energy on EX-CardMaker?

Last edited:

arturito

Aspiring Trainer
Some of my creations in EX Card Maker. The goal here is to create cards following the current Ablities, Attacks and HP parameters, but within the EX Series Template.

I took the liberty of revamping the concepts of Poké-Power and Poké-Body.

• Poké-Power are the current Abilities. "Poké-Power" and "Ability" are synonymous and are interchangeable.
• Poké-Body are the "passive skills" like Terastal or Ancient Traits.

Here are some Cards, commented:

Charizard ex (C).pngCharizard ex, featuring the Crystal Type mechanic from Expedition block, with an addition from EX Era (the Double Weakness). The Card of Reference is the Original Crystal Type Charizard. Art by TOKIYA.
iron-valiant.pngParadox Pokémon ex, screenshots from the game Scarlet & Violet, credited as "Unknown". Here we have Iron Valiant ex, with two references from XY Era: Gallade (Premonition) and the dual-type Mega Gardevoir (Despair Ray).
arcanine (1).pngTera Pokémon ex, I took the Arcanine ex and repagined in the EX Series Template. Artwork from Full Art Arcanine ex by 5ban Graphics.
mega-rayquaza (1).pngMega Evolution. I decided to revamp this concept too, the Megas here are Stage 1 Pokémon that evolve from Basic Pokémon ex. Also, contain the Poké-Body "Mega Trait", a reference to the Ancient Trait mechanic from XY Era. Oficial Artwork from Roaring Skies set, credited as "Creatures Inc". Card of Reference is the Colorless M Rayquaza EX from Roaring Skies.

Last edited:

Hâlian

Wild MISSINGNO. appeared!
I remade my March 2021 CaC entry using this tool, and rather enjoyed doing so. Gen III is my favorite generation, TCG included. :3

If I might make a suggestion, I'd like to see holosheets added.

Attachments

• cac-march-2021-gallade-excardmaker.png
    cac-march-2021-gallade-excardmaker.png
    1,014.7 KB · Views: 10

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Love the card maker. I still need to get the jist of it. Will you be doing card makers for other era of the TCG like DP or Neo?