• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sinister Intention (Ultra Necrozma GX / Necrozma GX / Dawn Wing Necrozma GX / Malamar)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
SINISTER INTENTION

_800_ultra_necrozma_by_tkptvn-dbubvxt.png

Pokémon (14):
  • 1 Dawn Wing Necrozma GX (beatdown)
  • 2 Dawn Wings Necrozma (beatdown)
  • 2 Ultra Necrozma GX (beatdown)
  • 2 Giratina SM7b (beatdown)
  • 1 Nihilego SM8 (beatdown)
  • 3 Malamar (accelerate)
  • 3 Inkay (evolution)
Trainer (32):
  • 3 Sightseer (draw)
  • 3 Guzma (control)
  • 4 Cynthia (draw)
  • 3 Lillie (draw)
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 4 Mystery Treasure (search)
  • 4 Spell Tag (beatdown)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 3 Acro Bike (draw)
  • 3 Altar of the Moone (retreat)
Energy (14):
  • 10 Psychic Energy
  • 1 Beast Energy
  • 3 Unit Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with any Basic Pokémon and bench two Inkay using the search items. Discard Basic Psychic Energy to search for Malamar and evolve both Inkay to accelerate to the main attackers. Dawn Wings Necrozma is the ideal starter and able to ohko non-GX Pokémon similar to Giratina. the latter also hits the bench when revived from the discard which combos well with Ultra Necrozma GX.

Last edited:
Why is the deck called 'Cruel Traitor'? That's Mega Gardy's attack name in Japan.
You might wanna drop the Special Charge since it doesn't get Beast Energy back and You're never discarding your unit Energy. I'd also drop 1 Ultra Necrozma and with those spaces put in 2 Necrozma GX. Black Ray is nice, but Prismatic Burst is good when you have a different weakness and not having to have Unit Energy. The mimikyu also isn't great, but I don't think it's bad. 1 copy is more than enough though.

Why is the deck called 'Cruel Traitor'? That's Mega Gardy's attack name in Japan.
You might wanna drop the Special Charge since it doesn't get Beast Energy back and You're never discarding your unit Energy. I'd also drop 1 Ultra Necrozma and with those spaces put in 2 Necrozma GX. Black Ray is nice, but Prismatic Burst is good when you have a different weakness and not having to have Unit Energy. The mimikyu also isn't great, but I don't think it's bad. 1 copy is more than enough though.
While it's true that Unit Energy won't be discarded by Photon Geyser, Special Charge is insurance if Unit Energy gets knocked off by Enhanced Hammers or discarded by Sycamore early.

Hi gumball51321,

Thanks for the review. I chose the name because Malamar is often portrayed to be a traitor and manipulator. I can see one or two Necrozma GX in this deck and will experiment with the distribution of the Necrozma cards a little. Want to keep Mimikyu since he worked real well for me in the past with the emphasis on ohko attackers in the local meta. as PlatinumDude outlined Special Charge is here to retrieve Unit Energy in case it has been hammered away into the discard.

Hi PlatinumDude,

Thanks for the review. Any modifications that you would make to improve the deck?

Why even use unit energy there easier to disrupt and harder to recover you can use metal and nothing will change

Hi gumball51321,

Thanks for the review. I chose the name because Malamar is often portrayed to be a traitor and manipulator. I can see one or two Necrozma GX in this deck and will experiment with the distribution of the Necrozma cards a little. Want to keep Mimikyu since he worked real well for me in the past with the emphasis on ohko attackers in the local meta. as PlatinumDude outlined Special Charge is here to retrieve Unit Energy in case it has been hammered away into the discard.

Hi PlatinumDude,

Thanks for the review. Any modifications that you would make to improve the deck?
Using Steel energies over the Unit energies can make you less vulnerable to Enhanced Hammer.

Hi folks,

Now that the booster boxes arrived I had the chance to test the deck a little and made some modifications.

Hi folks,

Updated the deck for the post-rotation SM-on format since I believe that this deck is still viable after rotation. The tactic outlines the use of Pokémon Fan Club but Lillie sure is an alternative turn one. I tend to switch beteween both options depending on my hand the the cards left in the deck. Lillie can be superior if you have access to all item search cards and relevant pieces of the Malamar line are not prized. Howeverm there are situation where I prefer to use Pokémon Fan Club and I do like to have multiple option even on the first turn to adapt to the current sitation and the cards potentially available to me.

Back