Simisage, Simisear, and Simipour from “Ancient Roar” and “Future Flash”

Wait a second...are those translations literal? Isn't it insanely silly that each card has all three monkeys' names on it even though the monkey whose card it is will obviously be in play?

are they SO meh like u guys saying? Regular trio setup or via zoroark or even hypno... a couple of rainbow energies, super effective glasses...with some interesting techs for the meta and I think its a viable as a 1prize deck threat... its all about setting them up very quickly and bother the rival.
anyway, I know everything is about charizard and his 23094 forms but still

Finally, a Monkey trio that not only works with each other but are intriguing. Zoroark or Hypno (SIT) could have some fun with these.

Zoro box could make this happen, with 1 of each basic in deck as well. It can afford to have them have to boss around Simisage a couple times of knockouts, because it hits hard, and it's all single prizers. A well set up Zorobox deck would be very annoying to play against actually, because they could transform into whatever they need in the moment to pull off free attacks. Reversal energy for when you don't have it. Lots of extra support cards compared to Zorobox because there's no energy needed except reversal. LDF, and FTW will make this pop off. Will it win any tournaments? NOOOO but who cares monkey fun.

This is actually really cool, I like it a lot. Could play with Zoroark for some flexibility.
On a separate note, this is why Pokemon as a card game sort of sucks: if these cards aren't good meta cards, that means there's no time or place to play them in a deck. Outside of the top-tier decks in Pokemon, there is absolutely no balance, so the only way to have fun with a deck like this would be to invent a deck with a similar power level which would take a lot of time and effort and generally won't happen.
This made me think about format with I dunno cards from top 8 decks banned from last regionals banned or something. I don’t have an idea but someone smarter than me could find a way to do - low tier format.

The wording to me makes it sound like they work with TM's? I don't think we have seen any that are worth building a deck around, but if they ever release a busted TM then I would look at these again.

Not every card needs to be meta defining. If TPCI could make the majority of the sets have some type of playable synergy as this then it would open up the game to so many more people imo, casuals would have a lot more to chew on. The majority of a set is filler with absolutely no use, having multiple themes such as this would be a nice direction.

Me:
“Ok, so the best way to maximize these so far would be to play a 3/3 line of each. Use Clavell to get one R/U/G monkey on the the bench or Jacq to find two of the monkeys you don’t have in your hand. Practice Court gives each attack +10. Luminous Energy works as any color energy, so play four of those alongside fire, water, and grass. Use other items to tutor as necessary. By turn 2 you can expect:
Simisage: 110 + protection from abilities for [G]
Simisear: 200 for [R]
Simipour: 60 + 30 to each benched for [W]

That’s covering three potential weaknesses. Assume you’ll be behind on prizes for a turn or two so play bands and plenty of switching.”

A certain Rhyperior:
*old man noises*
“Won’t OHKO 340hp on turn 1. Useless.”

The Unova Monkeys, disappointing as always. Trying to be what Regis were, but failing to actually be good. Biggest problem with them is Evolution.

Reactions: Bid
We definitely need more of these cards. It's been far too long. It's really nice to see unused pokemon finally getting utilised...

Any one else find it funny how we've gotten 4 sets of the elemental monkeys between between the swsh and sv eras of cards, but they haven't been actually available in the games for the last half decade?

Back