• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Silvally/Golisopod

Zzrrdd

Aspiring Trainer
Hello

I've been playing the pokemon tcg for about a year online as at local league cups. As a student on a tight budget, I can't afford to buy any tapu lele, so trying to do well at league cups is very difficult. I've got lele online and have some good decks there, but IRL it doesn't feel worth the cost of a lele or two just for a league cup every couple of months. I have however put together my own deck idea, and have been testing it online extensively. I really like the list and have refined it to work pretty consistently. I've taken down a lot of big decks online and I'm considering bringing it to the next league cup. Anyway, here's the list:

****** Silvally Grass Box (1) ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 3 Type: Null UPR 115
* 3 Silvally-GX UPR 116
* 1 Zorua PR-SM SM83
* 2 Zoroark-GX PR-SM SM84
* 1 Oranguru UPR 114
* 3 Wimpod BUS 16
* 2 Golisopod-GX BUS 17
* 1 Zorua SLG 52
* 1 Magearna UPR 91
* 1 Oranguru SUM 113

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 N NVI 92
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 3 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 2 Fighting Memory CIN 94
* 2 Psychic Memory CIN 98
* 1 Fire Memory UPR 123
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Acerola BUS 112
* 2 Switch SLG 67
* 1 Skyla BCR 134

##Energy - 10

* 4 Double Colorless Energy SLG 69
* 6 Grass Energy SUM 164

Total Cards - 60

Any advice would be appreciated :)

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
May I ask what Silvally is for? Zoroark and Golisopod attack for 1 Energy attachment, and Silvally takes up space that other consistency cards could be going to. I actually agree with Nest Ball over Brigette, since no T1 Lele=no expectancy for T1 Brigette. You play Golisopod, PLAY. MORE. GUZMA. I cannot stress this enough, it's such an important card in decks, you can't afford to lose your only 2 copies. 3-4 N is also amazing in anything that runs Zoroark, making smaller hands less punishing while punishing your opponent. Especially since this deck doesn't take big KOs like Buzzwole, which can get away with 2 N. I would probably drop the Silvally line for another 2-2 Zoroark line, and 2 Guzma. And the 5 Memories can be 4 Puzzle of Time, and a 4th Nest Ball, since worst case scenario, you Trade the extras away. If you do end up dropping the Silvally for more Zoroark, I would also drop the SUM Oranguru for a Mew-EX/Mewtwo EVO, so you have a good Buzzwole counter.
But you may not want to drop Silvally, because maybe it's the backbone of your deck. If that's the case, then Golisopod doesn't really serve a purpose, so that can also go for a larger Zoroark-GX line too. Either way, drop the SUM Oranguru. You'll never have small enough hands to use it unless you're in a losing position.
Silvally is best utilized with strong Basic attackers that it can load Energy onto, so I would suggest dropping Silvally before Golisopod, but the choice is yours. Not having Lele, but having Zoroark is huge to budget players, so that they can have something strong and consistent for cheaper. Use this to your greatest extent.

biffthepotato

It's Wednesday M'dudes
The silvaly is for the free retreat ability, duh.

Hi, I think that this is a pretty good idea. I would personally drop the Oranguru, even though it can get you cards to trade if you have a low hand size, it doesn't really do much so I would add a DW Necrozma GX for the synergy between the ability and Silvaly's ability that in a sense it's to good to pass up on. I also think the Magerna isn't very good either, even though you can change memory's on silvaly, it can't do much else. Oh and take out the other oranguru it isn't very good at all.

So here are the changes written out:

-both Oranguru

-1 Magerna

+1 Dawn Wings Necrozma GX (ULP)

+2 Guzma to good in Golisopod

Hope I helped and good luck at you upcoming league cups (I think I have one coming up too/this weekend). :)

-Biff the Potato

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
The silvaly is for the free retreat ability, duh.

Hi, I think that this is a pretty good idea. I would personally drop the Oranguru, even though it can get you cards to trade if you have a low hand size, it doesn't really do much so I would add a DW Necrozma GX for the synergy between the ability and Silvaly's ability that in a sense it's to good to pass up on. I also think the Magerna isn't very good either, even though you can change memory's on silvaly, it can't do much else. Oh and take out the other oranguru it isn't very good at all.

So here are the changes written out:

-both Oranguru

-1 Magerna

+1 Dawn Wings Necrozma GX (ULP)

+2 Guzma to good in Golisopod

Hope I helped and good luck at you upcoming league cups (I think I have one coming up too/this weekend). :)

-Biff the Potato
Silvally's Gyro Unit only works on Basics, duh.
Also, the ULP Oranguru is busted. That card is so good in Zoroark, grabbing Puzzles, DCE, supporters, etc. You don't care about the cards going to the bottom as long as they're in your deck.

biffthepotato

It's Wednesday M'dudes
I know it only works on basics, witch is why the DW Necrozma could help as a 2 of maybe (Second instead of a Skyla) and the ULP Oranguru is decent but you want to attack with your Golisopods and Silvaly's instead of the Oranguru.

Anonymous...

Aspiring Trainer
When I read this I immediately thought that this would have DW necrozma (I know I'm repeating that @biffthepotato said) which is now all the rage in golisopod decks for the easy switch, and it would pick up on silvally gyro unit easily, without having to add float stones and risk the field blower. But it does add at least 4 slots in your deck, which would be there for float stones anyway, but they can't be tossed away by your opponent which is always a better upside.

-2 Switch
+2 DW Necrozma

Downside to that, you'd be totally screwed if you see glaceon on the other side. #rip

Zzrrdd

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks. I could add more zoroark, but wouldn't that then just be zoroark/golisopod? I wanted a new idea an I really like the ability to 1hko buzzwole or zoroark if I'm hitting for weakness with the memories. I had been considering using DW necrozma, but was worried about the weakness to zoroark. Think I will tech it in though. I did initially have more guzma, but I found that it was usually a liability that I couldn't use the turn. I preferred the 2 acerola, but I suppose running a bit of each won't hurt. Anyway thanks guys. I'll keep testing this deck

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Thanks. I could add more zoroark, but wouldn't that then just be zoroark/golisopod? I wanted a new idea an I really like the ability to 1hko buzzwole or zoroark if I'm hitting for weakness with the memories. I had been considering using DW necrozma, but was worried about the weakness to zoroark. Think I will tech it in though. I did initially have more guzma, but I found that it was usually a liability that I couldn't use the turn. I preferred the 2 acerola, but I suppose running a bit of each won't hurt. Anyway thanks guys. I'll keep testing this deck
Well if this is the case, then you might be better off playing Zoroark/Silvally with some sort of big Basic attacker. Cards like Celesteela and Xurkitree, or even Drampa-GX for that matter could all fit that role for each individual reason. But I don't want to pressure you into changing that if you feel uncomfortable to do so, but it's worth throwing on the table.

Zzrrdd

Aspiring Trainer
I could do that, but I really wanted to utilise the free retreat with golisopod, paired with the 1HKO potential from silvallys memory cards and zoroarks consistency. That was the basis which I really wanted to expand on, not just another zoroark deck with silvally and a few techs. I do see where you're coming from and maybe another concept all together would be better, but I'm keen to make this grass type del work. It is definitely worth discussing and maybe will be a change I make in the future