• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sigilyph GX/Banette GX

alyL

Aspiring Trainer
This deck is currently only being played on PTCGO and is something I want to be decent, but I'm not expecting to win a tournament with it or something.

##Pokémon - 19

* 1 Ditto {*} LOT 154
* 3 Nincada LOT 29
* 1 Marshadow SLG 45
* 2 Shuppet CES 64
* 3 Sigilyph-GX LOT 98
* 2 Trubbish GRI 50
* 2 Banette-GX CES 66
* 2 Garbodor GRI 51
* 3 Shedinja LOT 95

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 4 Lillie
* 4 Cynthia
* 3 Guzma
* 2 Acerola
* 1 Judge LOT 209

* 4 Nest Ball
* 4 Ultra Ball
* 1 Mysterious Treasure
* 1 Great Ball
* 1 Rescue Stretcher
* 1 Pal Pad
* 2 Spell Tag

* 2 Altar of the Moone
* 1 Shrine of Punishment

##Energy - 10

* 4 Double Colorless Energy
* 6 Psychic Energy

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Sigilyph GX offers a way to punish your opponent's GXs, along with a decent enough attack considering its ability. The GX move is useful against decks like Garde, or anything that aims to attach a lot of energy to one Pokemon.

Banette is a great card against Shrine/non-GX decks. It can deflect half of the shrine damage and hit hard and fast enough to take out cards like Buzzwole and Garbodor. The GX attack is very good as well if you want to play a more passive game where you don't use Intercept GX.

Garbodor allows you to attack for 1 (or 0) prizes while being capable of doing high enough damage to get the big KOs you need.

Shedinja is the spice of the deck, and pretty much why it works. It guarantees favorable prize trades with Sigilyph, even if your opponent's GX is OHKOing. Garbodor can be a "free" attacker and get a positive prize trade even if it's attacking a non-GX and will be KO'd after attacking once.

Ditto is self explanatory, just your 3rd Trubbish, 3rd Shuppet, or 4th Nincada. Good in the early game when you don't know exactly what you want or what you'll get.

Marshadow is searchable disruption and offers an out to getting new cards off of a Ball. I prefer it over Lele which is 2 free prizes and an even worse opener.

The Supporter line is very basic, with the only divergence from every other deck being the Acerola. Acerola removes damage from Sigilyph after being attacked and deflecting damage onto an enemy GX, effectively allowing you to deal the damage your opponent is capable of for free. She's capable of reusing Shedinja no matter where it is, as long as you can Shady Move a counter onto the Pokemon who's using it.

The Items are also basic, and currently the only change I have in mind and will likely make. The Ball line is a bit odd, but that's because I only have 1 Mysterious Treasure right now. If I do get more, I'll probably change the line to 4 Nest, 3 Ultra, 3 Treasure, but that's up for debate. Pal Pad is a card I default to in any deck I run Acerola in. It may seem a bit counter-intuitive considering I have Banette, but most of the time I do need Acerola, it's because I'm not using Banette. I just like the option of not feeling bad about needing to discard Acerolas early. The 1 Stretcher is something I have also considered trying to increase, but 1 seems to be fine for now. Spell Tag just puts damage on the board and further punishes the opponent for attacking me. On Sigilyph it effectively increases the deflection damage by 40 if for some reason I don't have Shedinja equipped. Spell Tag makes certain Pokemon easier to KO, such as <130 HP basics with Sigilyph's 80 damage attack.

The Stadiums, like Pal Pad, may seem counter-intuitive at first but actually work very well. Shrine is just extra damage counters on the enemy and is something Banette can just brush off anyways. Sigilyph is hopefully getting hit for mid-range damage then picked up with Acerola, so again the Shrine damage is less impactful to you than your enemy. Altar of the Moone is great for being flexible between attackers and countering Shrines (including your own) and Prism Star stadiums. Lets me use Shady Move twice with ease as well, assuming I have two Banettes up.

The Energy count is pretty thought over . 6 Psychic energy is about what I'd need to use in a game, as I have 7 different attacking options that all take 1 Psychic, and I'll likely not be using every single one. It cuts it close, but so far has mostly been enough. 4 DCE is just so I can find them easily and attack with Sigilyph (or even Garbodor's 2nd).

As for changes I want to/have thought about making, it's pretty much just the Ball line I spoke about earlier. "Why make a deck garage thread then?" you may ask. Well, it's because I just want to explore options and see what other people think. No deck is really ever "perfect", and I don't know about every card available in the format.

Any questions, just feel free to ask. Thanks for reading.

Hi! I like the deck but I have some point to raise. First, I think you should diminish the Sigilyph count of one at least. It can be dead weight (it will be most of the time, indeed), and it doesn't let you play consistently with Banette. Moreover, I think playing both Shedinja and Spell Tag is a bit too much, and I'd say to pull out the latter. You want to add an Alolan Muk too to deal with Granbull better ;)

Back