BW/BW2 Side Effects of Action Replay

Status
Not open for further replies.

igotatebyamagikarp

WHAT? A KILLER MAGIKARP ON THE LOOSE!
I know some action replay codes can really mess up your game like walk through walls and stuff and i want to learn what codes to watch out for when i use an action replay so PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR ANSWERs1

I have an AR, and the only ways I know it messes up your game is if you have a ton of codes on at the same time. Hope I helped.

Yeah thanks i just want to be super sure i don't want to mess up my game and i'm not just gonna beleive some guy on yahoo.

I'll allow this topic only if you stick to the original question. Actual codes are not to be given out.

And be careful with the codes you use. Stick to either the ones provided by the action reply site or ones from a VERY trusted source. A lot of people don't like cheaters and think it's funny to say, "Here's a cloner cheat" when really it's just a crack to fry your game or something. Also, I've never had any problems playing my game after using cheats from the action reply, only when I've activated a code that was put together wrong have I experienced a problem, and even that was solved with a restart.

ok dragon expert thats not what i was asking just names of codes like "blah blah" code can mess up your game don't use it

I just tried some cloning codes, and they really messed up Black version. Be careful with those ones.

i have another question relating to this what happens if you breed AR pokemodifier pokemon. i know it says not to but what will happen?

A RULE OF THUMB that I like to use is this:

Don't use codes that CHANGE or MODIFY your game, like hacking for events, walking through walls, getting all badges, etc.

Do use codes that just ASSIST NOTMAL GAME FUNCTIONS, like cloning, fast egg hatching, etc.

You'll be denied entry into this years Tornament thingy. They 'scan' your game for hacks...

aclover said:
You'll be denied entry into this years Tornament thingy. They 'scan' your game for hacks...
But not every 'hack' will show up. Follow my guidelines and you should be fine.

Do not do the egg codes besides manaphy or phone because does ones are real events and I had an experience before with a bad egg you can't release it or start over your game. :headbang

My friend has an AR,and he used it to walk through walls.I convinced him not to use the AR anymore,but his game freezes now and then.

During Generation 3, I used an Action Replay MAX on my Pokémon FireRed. The game only lasted one and a half days with it. The Cerulean Cave in my game looked all messed up and I lost my Tyranitar and Crobat. I also lost the ability to trade with R/S/E. Since then, I've NEVER used a cheating device since I get really scared that I might break one of my Pokémon games again. :( If you're careful though, I'm pretty sure you'll be safe.

i noticed that the AR in general is bad for your game, but possibly the itmes codes gave me most trouble.

My R4 freezes every now and then when I try to use the walk through Walls cheat now. If you're gonna use AR, my advice is to just use it for faster egg hatching, all items and TMs and such, complete Pokedex, etc. Anything else just messes everything up. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back