Shugo Chara!

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Hey, has PokeBeach got any other Shugo Chara fans?

I'm personally a huge fan of the series, even if it does seem to be directed towards girls. I'm just not into those anime with guns firing every other minute.

I think the series has a really creative story behind it.

It made me wish I had a Guardian Character. It wasn't long after watching the first episode that Maneki and Kitame (my characters) were born.

Discuss the series and optionally talk about the Shugos you've made.

Negative Zero

I watched it, but I got too lazy to watch the rest of it. XP Oh and my friend he made this awesome drawing about Shugo Chara.

~NZ

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
"All kids hold an egg in their soul, The egg of our hearts, Our would-be selves, Yet, unseen."

It's about a girl named Amu that everyone thinks is so cool, but, in reality, that isn't who she is at all. She wishes that she could express who she really is, but she's afraid of what people might think. She prays for the strength to be a girl like that. When she wakes up, there are 3 eggs in her bed. These eggs eventually hatch into her Shugo Charas, or Guardian Characters, little spirits that give her the abilities that she desires, though usually at a time that she would rather not reveal her true self. These unexpected personality changes are referred to as a "Character Change."

She teams up with the councel of Guardians, a group of students at her school that also have Shugo Charas. They were told to bestow the "Humpty Lock" to the person with 3 Shugo eggs. The Humpty Lock gives Amu the ability to unlock her heart and "Character Transform" with her Shugo Charas and gain super powers such as flight. With the Guardians, she opposes a company called "Easter," while is a sinister organization who wants the "Embryo," an egg that can grant any wish, for power. Easter has henchman that turn other childrens' eggs into X-eggs which pretty much make the kids EMO. Amu goes about cleansing these eggs.

FireMeowth

filthy shipping trash
I watched it a couple of times without knowing what it was. x3
Couldn't understand too much either, because it was in Japanese without subs. D:

Maybe I'll check it out later. It looked quite interesting.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
ssman0017 said:
Sounds interesting.

It is! You should give it a chance sometime.

FireMeowth said:
I watched it a couple of times without knowing what it was. x3
Couldn't understand too much either, because it was in Japanese without subs. D:

Maybe I'll check it out later. It looked quite interesting.

CrunchyRoll has it with English subs. I'd say plenty of other places have it now, too.

Zyflair

Yes, sir. Of course, sir.
Advanced Member
My sister is watching the anime and reading the manga. It sounds quite interesting, and I did watch a few episodes.

Interesting how so many animes boil down to romance between the protagonist and an unlikely lover >_<

The Claw

Aspiring Trainer
I watched a few eps since I like Sailor Moon type shows. It was pretty good. There's so many episodes already though. Gonna take me a long time to catch up. Actually they'll probably be finished before I ever catch up.