Shuckle is BOSS

SheNinja

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys! I wanted to make a very troll team so this is what I made up. Improve and enjoy!

At a glance:
213.gif
479-wash.gif
488.gif
381.gif
591.gif
635.gif

Team-Building Process:
[sprite]213[/sprite]
Aah. Shuckle. The most trollish Pokemon I could find. Basing a team off of this folks!

[sprite]213[/sprite][sprite]488[/sprite]
I felt that Cresselia could complement Shuckle by having Trick Room and some bulk.

[sprite]213[/sprite][sprite]488[/sprite][sprite]381[/sprite]
Latios has great speed and can sweep after Shuckle and friends wear down the opponents.

[sprite]213[/sprite][sprite]488[/sprite][sprite]381[/sprite][sprite]635[/sprite]
I was thinking of something else that could sweep with Latios, and poof. Hydreigon.

[sprite]213[/sprite][sprite]488[/sprite][sprite]381[/sprite][sprite]635[/sprite][sprite]591[/sprite]
I was looking for another slow Pokemon to take advantage of Trick Room. Amoonguss is slow and very useful, but it also has a lot of bulk.

[sprite]213[/sprite][sprite]488[/sprite][sprite]381[/sprite][sprite]635[/sprite][sprite]591[/sprite]
479-wash.png

Needed a Rain check/counter. 'Nuff said.​

213.gif

Shuckle
Ability: Sturdy
Item: Chesto Berry [sprite2]chestoberry[/sprite2]
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)
IV: 31 Atk, 0 SpA, 0 Spe
EV: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD

• Power Split
  • Gyro Ball
  • Rest
  • Rock Slide

The main focus of the team. Troll with Power Split and attacks. ChestoRest also helps the troll factor. Chesto Berry also helps against Hypnosis, Sing, and the such. Gyro Ball does tons of damage with Shuckle's Base 5 Spe, and Rock Slide is for STAB. I'm debating between Power Split and Power Trick. I have the Impish Nature to help cripple opposing special attackers even more.

479-wash.gif

Rotom-Wash
Ability: Levitate
Item: Choice Specs [sprite2]choicespecs[/sprite2]
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
IV: 31 HP, 30 Atk, 31 Def, 30 SpA, 31 SpD, 3 Spe
EV: 252 SpA, 4 HP, 252 Spe

• Thunderbolt
  • Hydro Pump
  • Hidden Power [Grass]
  • Trick

Rotom-W helps against Rain. It pummels with ChoicePump and can "trick" the opponent with Trick. Hidden Power Grass and Thunderbolt are for coverage. Thunderbolt and Hydro Pump both get STAB which both get very powerful with Rain/Choice Specs.Modest Nature for power. IV's like this for the Hidden Power [Grass].

488.gif

Cresselia
Item: Sitrus Berry [sprite2]sitrusberry[/sprite2]
Nature: Sassy (+SpD, -Spe)
IV: 31 HP, 30 Atk, 31 Def, 30 SpA, 31 SpD, 2 Spe
EV: 252 HP, 60 Def, 196 SpD

• Trick Room
  • Psychic
  • Light Screen
  • Hidden Power [Fire]

Cresselia has amazing bulk and helps Amoonguss and Shuckle with their lack of speed. Light Screen is used to add bulk to the team. Hidden Power Fire is for those pesky Steel types. Psychic is Cresselia's main STAB move. Sitrus Berry is for recovery. IV's are for Hidden Power [Fire]. Sassy Nature is for extra bulk and being "faster" in Trick Room.

381.gif

Latios
Item: Life Orb [sprite2]lifeorb[/sprite2]
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
EV: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP

• Draco Meteor
  • Surf
  • Psychic
  • Protect

Latios is a sweeper or starter. Life Orb and Timid Nature help with the sweep. Draco Meteor, Psychic, and Surf are Latios' main moves in (almost) everything, and it is no difference here. Protect helps to "protect" (sorry) against different life-threatening (sorry again) attacks.Surf can tremendously help against Sand teams, as they are often weak to Water type attacks.

591.gif

Amoonguss
Ability: Effect Spore
Item: Mental Herb [sprite2]mentalherb[/sprite2]
Nature: Sassy (+SpD, -Spe)
EV: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpD

• Spore
  • Rage Powder
  • Giga Drain
  • Sludge Bomb

Amoonguss is a VERY troll Pokemon in the VGC metagame. With Spore and Rage Powder, this Pokemon will make your opponent want to run off of a cliff if they can't KO it fast. This Pokemon is a Trick Room sweeper and Rage Powder helps to have Shuckle not take as many hits. Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb are the STAB moves on this set.

635.gif

Hydreigon
Item: Dragon Gem [sprite2]dragongem[/sprite2]
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
EV: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP

• Draco Meteor
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Dark Pulse
  • Protect

Hydreigon is a sweeper too. It sweeps with Latios. DracoGem is very powerful; it OHKO's many Pokemon in the VGC metagame. Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse are for STAB. Dark Pulse helps against the Psychic types, which are very common in this VGC metagame. Dragon Gem can also boost Dragon Pulse if there is no need to use Draco Meteor.

Export
Shuckle (F) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Power Split
- Gyro Ball
- Rock Slide

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Trick

Cresselia (F) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Light Screen

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psychic
- Protect

Amoonguss (M) @ Mental Herb
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Hydreigon (F) @ Dragon Gem
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Looks like a fun team. Only a few suggestions:
What if you made shuckle even more of a troll? If you gave it Contrary and Shell Smash... *shudders*. Each turn, you could lower your attack and speed by 2, and raise your defenses by 1. Shuckle would become even more of a wall, while getting slower and lowering its attack stats. Then when you used power split, you'd leave the attacker with a horrid attack stat, rendering it ineffective.
Also on shuckle, you have both +Defense nature and +Defense EVs. I'd recommend balancing it out to make it more of a wall. I see that you have Light Screen, but when Cresselia dies/you don't have it up, it's better to be balanced imo. You can play it how you like.
Considering the fact that Cresselia is your only Trick Roomer, definitely give it a Mental Herb. If one of their leads Taunts Cresselia, you're left with a slow team and nothing more.

Other than that, looks good!

Ummm...

I play Hydreigon and Latios so I'm not too worried about waiting for Taunt to wear off.

Two Pokemon that both get demolished by scizor won't be sufficient there. If you are going to make a team that needs TR to survive. Besides, you said this is VGC, which means 4 Pokemon. You're either setting up TR or you aren't. You wouldn't be playing latios and hydreigon if you are going to set up TR that match. Most TR teams run 2 pokes for setup, one if which is ALWAYS with mental herb. I'd switch the items on Amoonguss and Cresselia, as RagePowder is +3 and taunt has no priority.

So if I use both RagePowder and Trick Room on the first turn then I get TR off anyways. If they play Scizor then I kill it first :p

Amoonguss and Cresselia are both bulky so they are starters, then I put in either Shuckle/Rotom-W, then sweep with Latios/Hydreigon.

Back