Blog Should You Really Buy This? Analyzing the Hype and Prices Behind BREAKpoint

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Really nice analysis of cards and prices! I look forward to any of your future works. :3

iMarty

Fitchino on the PTCGO!
Great article. Can't wait to complete my first BP / BP-fusion deck and begin testing. That Max Elixir seems incredibly useful. Could almost have a complete power up on turn 1/2.

TheUltimateAbsol

Truth or Ideals? It's all Black and White to me
Just want to point out, the article was written before the launch of BREAKpoint.
Fighting fury belt was still flexible in price, but now it's established itself for 2-3 dollars.

This means it won't likely go down to the $1.50 I hoped for in the article. If you have to cough up 2 dollars a copy, it probably is still worth it.

Also, here are the pictures that didn't make the cut for the sake of space...
I think You'll enjoy them.

Attachments

• Yveltal EX FFB.png
    Yveltal EX FFB.png
    344 KB · Views: 24
  • MLG Night March and Megaphone.png
    MLG Night March and Megaphone.png
    310.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 10922847_750792995028343_4096138083780538715_n.jpg
    10922847_750792995028343_4096138083780538715_n.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited by a moderator:

iMarty

Fitchino on the PTCGO!
Thank you! I collect and sell my extras through eBay. I have about six Fighting Fury belts in my possession. Even though I don't play much TCG in real life, I still keep four copies of each card. So making ~$4 isn't a bad deal at all.

Electricbluewolf

Ditto Hoarder
Great article, I've found the price of BreakPoint has really been hyped, with people first asking £20 for a FA Espeon, and now it can be purchased for £10. But I see Delinquent and Fighting Fury Belt a popular thing to purchase for a whole multitude of decks

swapforce1

Shaymin lover
Great article, I've found the price of BreakPoint has really been hyped, with people first asking £20 for a FA Espeon, and now it can be purchased for £10. But I see Delinquent and Fighting Fury Belt a popular thing to purchase for a whole multitude of decks

I have seen way to much hype for Fighting Fury Belt. Its not that good Only 10 more damage. Also I Would like to (BREAK) point out that Trev BREAK can be paired with Breakthrough Gengar

TheUltimateAbsol

Truth or Ideals? It's all Black and White to me
I have seen way to much hype for Fighting Fury Belt. Its not that good Only 10 more damage. Also I Would like to (BREAK) point out that Trev BREAK can be paired with Breakthrough Gengar
Sorry for my criticism :p, but keep keep this in mind:
It's a good combo, but will something like that really work?
The only Stage 2 decks we have in standard either are Vileplume gimmicks (Which at least work half the time thanks to FoFP) or Fighting (Thanks to the enormous support of Korrina).
There is also the problem of streaming Trevenant if there is a powerful attacker - such would be provided by an explosive Night March start. Even more, Yveltal's Dark-typing just runs over both Trevenant and Gengar like butter.

But I must admit, Trevenant slows down the pace of play for your opponent too, so it might be feasible. We still haven't seen anything like it happen yet.

But I see Delinquent and Fighting Fury Belt a popular thing to purchase for a whole multitude of decks
At least Delinquent isn't going to be much more than a 1-of in that multitude :p
unless we see very, very, very crazy things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Electricbluewolf

Ditto Hoarder

And 40+HP, making the magic numbers even harder to hit. It'd be interesting but I think Bats/Gengar would be more popular, as for free ability you can get the DMC done. Though Silent Lab/garb/Hex can shut down, I think Trev/Gengar/Bats is quite heavy on evolution.

At least Delinquent isn't going to be much more than a 1-of in that multitude :p
unless we see very, very, very crazy things.

There's going to be someone whose going to tech 4 to make some strange, obscure, crazy deck.

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
Amazing Article. Thoughtful analysis and great realistic approach. I definitely look forward reading more of these article-gems. Keep it up! :D