Should Fire be the only type?

Do you think there should be Firestarter Poke-Power for a different type?

• Total voters

Blue Thunder

so long!
I thought of something a few days ago...why isn't there a Waterstarter Poke-Power? A Lightningstarter? Why only fire?

I think PUI should make a card with a Poke-Power like Firestarter..except for a different type.

Now, what do you think about the idea of a different type of Firestarter? Do you think it should happen. Should it never happen. Tell me what you think...and a reason behind stating why.

No. Each type has its own advantages. Psychic for example tends to have fast retreat. In giving Fire something unique, they're a different type.

Dragonite delta had delta charge, which was fire starter in lightning form -_-

As Lou said: Each type has its own kind of strategy. Fire types tend to enjoy discarding energies, so a firestarter works well with that. Not many other types discard energies as much as fire, however, electric does quite often now.

Wizzblade said:
As Lou said: Each type has its own kind of strategy. Fire types tend to enjoy discarding energies, so a firestarter works well with that. Not many other types discard energies as much as fire, however, electric does quite often now.

I think the same way but I do think that Electric needs it not any other type the way the cards are set now.

[attachment=3366]

Lou Cypher said:
No. Each type has its own advantages. Psychic for example tends to have fast retreat. In giving Fire something unique, they're a different type.

Agreed. Grass types usually do something with Special Conditions, and Fighting types have an effect that can hit more than one Pokemon at a time.

The only other type that could use it (and it use to) is Electric types, because they discard energy too, (though they give you the choice to discard) and every other type doesn't need it.

Like Lou said, each type has something setting it apart. Lightning should be the only other type considered for a power like this, as Lightning deals with attaching Energy, and Fire deals with discarding it.

Yeah, I agree with the above posts about Lightning type. (It would greatly help out Electivire!) Anyway, I still would like it if they did it on other types, but Lightning needs it more because in today's format, many Lightning Type Pokemon tend to cause massive damage, but at the cost of discarding Energies.

Raichu Lv. 46 [L] HP 90

[PokéPOWER] Lightning Charge
Once during your turn (before your attack) you may attach [L] Energy Card from your Discard Pile to 1 of your Benched Pokémon. This Power can't be used if Raichu is affected by a Special Condition.
[LLLC] Pure Electricity 120
You may discard any number of Energy attached to Raichu. For each Energy Discarded, choose 1 one of your opponent's Benched Pokémon and put 2 Damage Counters to that Pokémon.

Weakness: [F] +20
Resistance: -
Retreat Cost: [C]

IMO that would be cool FireStarter in [L] type, but lil' broken card...

no, raichu's attack would be too good, it would probably be like this

LC You may discard any number of L energy attached to raichu. if you do this attack does 40 damage+20 more damage for each energy you discarded.

A Lightning type one would help out a lot of Lightning pokemon, and besides Lightning and Fire are the only two types where the majority of pokemon discard energy.. and it would help greatly

Electivire (SW), Magneton (PK), Pikachu (MT), and Plusle (SW) can all get L energy from your discard.

I think it could happen but on the flip side it is not really needed because there are so many Pokemon with their own abilities and attacks that there is not much room for the ability to work and some Pokemon do have this type of ability in many forms like the Pokemon posted above. It could happen but right now it is not really needed right now at this time.:)

Back