Shogakukan, a Japanese Publishing Company, Bans Fanart

Inigo Montoya

Hatman/Imakuni?/Not Not-TDL
Well, here's the link, I think that page just about sums everything up. So what's your guy's reaction?

I don't like it, it'll really do a number on the artistic community. A very large portion of Deviant Art is gonna be angry. Everyone in the Art Corner here is too. While resources like Serebii will be intact, since this only bans fanart, it still is bad. You don't need to delete your dA pictures yet, dA is going to do that themselves I hear.

While this is bad news I don't expect it to last. The internet usually wins. Then again... :/

Well thats... odd. It says the same for me. It was working yesterday. I'll try to find the link again to make sure its correct.

Well this is what I heard about that issue http://news.deviantart.com/article/148289/

Huh. Why? Why would they ban fanart? It's a good way for fans to, well, be fans. It's what they do you guys.

If any of you were motivated enough to click XieRH's link, this was apparently a false alarm. Only the official characters outlined on the website apply to the copyright rules.

Back