• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Shock Lock with Spiders and Brock (Ariados LOT, Raichu BUS, and friends)

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 26

* 1 Deino CIN 60
* 1 Hydreigon CIN 62
* 2 Alolan Ninetales-GX LOT 205
* 2 Chandelure GRI 13
* 2 Spinarak CES 5
* 2 Ariados LOT 10
* 4 Pikachu CIN 30
* 4 Raichu BUS 41
* 2 Litwick LOT 101
* 2 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 2 Mudkip CES 32
* 2 Swampert CES 35

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 3 Lusamine CIN 96
* 4 Rare Candy DEX 100
* 2 Gladion CIN 95
* 1 Sea of Nothingness CIN 99
* 4 Hau CES 132
* 4 Whitney LOT 193
* 3 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Brock's Grit TEU 135
* 3 Pokémon Communication BLW 99

##Energy - 4

* 4 Grass Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Difficulty level: Granbull +

Just to warn you, I played this deck once against a real person, and lost because of doing bad math, and I don't think I'd ever play it again, but I figured I'd post it here anyway because the lock is ridiculous if you can get it.
The idea is to set up swampert using ninetales, then draw your deck to nothing while setting up a hydreigon, a chandelure, an ariados with 2 energy attached, and a pikachu. Giving up 5 prizes is fine, if you can achieve the lock because it is basically infinite.
Each turn you start by moving damage with chandelure, KO the active if it is 1 damage short, and otherwise try to set it up so that on some future turn it will be 1 damage short. This is almost always a possibility if you think it through enough ahead of time.
Then you evolve your pikachu to paralyze, and immediately throw it away using hydreigon's ability (always save your swampert, hydreigon, and chandelure).
Drop another pikachu, and then either play lusamine or brock (for 3 pika 3 raichu) depending on what you did last turn.
Use swampert if you need to to get a pikachu down after playing brock, though if you don't have to, you may gain a free lusamine turn every now and then which also gets you cards to feed to swampert. Then attack with:

Trapping thread (30)
Whenever your opponent plays an Item or Supporter card from their hand during their next turn, prevent all effects of that card done to the Defending Pokemon.

Now they can't guzma, they can't switch, escape rope, retreat (due to paralysis), so they are stuck not attacking or doing anything for possibly the rest of the game.

I should probably throw a faba in here for escape boards (if I ever did play it again), and I really wish hydreigon let you choose up to 2 cards to ditch rather than picking three to save, because then alolan muk could be a thing to stop Koko GX, Articuno GX, and Dawn Wings GX. It would also block shaymins from healing, so celesaur would go down after a mere 9 turns of grueling stally nonsense.

The one game I played was very interesting because they played hammers and hit several of them, so I had to brock back my very tiny energy supply, and they also had malasadas but they hilariously did nothing. He also field blowered and dangerous drilled my stadium multiple times, but luckily I was able to keep going after already evolved or non-evolving stuff.

By the way I do realize this deck is very vulnerable to:
a: never getting set up with 3 stage 2s
b: obviously hammers and stuff
c: solgaleo, koko, articuno, dw, etc. not to mention deci/greninja, anything that naturally blocks 30 damage...

But it was very fun getting it to work in the first place, even if I couldn't math it correctly against a real person through 6 prizes.

Last edited:
Back