• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Shining Genesect/Venusaur/Naganadel

THB

Well?
Here is the list I am working with right now a lot of is subject to change, but wanted some inputs about what to change.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 3 Bulbasaur SLG 1
* 3 Shining Genesect SLG 9
* 2 Ivysaur SLG 2
* 3 Venusaur SLG 3
* 3 Poipole LOT 107
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 3 Naganadel LOT 108

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 4 Wishful Baton BUS 128
* 2 Energy Switch SUM 117
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Judge BKT 143
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 Net Ball LOT 187
* 2 Lillie UPR 125

##Energy - 12

* 12 Grass Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Shinning Genesect is the main attacker and Naganadel in tough spots can attack as well. Venusaur is just there to make Genesect hit harder, mayabe not go with that thick of a line. The Energy Switch is there for those times where I need to charge up a Shining Genesect real quick, paired with its ability I could having a Genesect attacking on the same turn it is played. I am leaning toward cutting down the grass energy, but ideas would be great.

Nice build, I will try it out. Schukle LOT seems a good addition to the deck

Overall I find venusaur decks quite fun. Some variants I have besides a more straightforward Venusaur/Shining Genesect are:
  • Venusaur/Sivally
  • Venusaur/Alolan exeggutor (the dragon one)
  • Venusaur/Tapu bulu-gx

You could go down to a 2-1-2 line of Venusaur and add in 2 Shuckle (LOT) and a Life Forest Prism Star

I agree with Articuno_Aria, also Naganadel makes the deck a little clonky so you could shorten that line down a bit. Here are my suggestions

-2 wishful Baton
-1 Ivysaur
-1 Poipole
-1 Naganadel
-1 Venusaur

+2 weakness policy (Blacephalon is running to big rn)
+2 shuckle
+1 shuckle gx
+1 life forest prism star

Back