Shining Charizard (somebody please respond!)

beautiful-swablu

Aspiring Trainer
I bought a shining charizard (ex dragon frontier) on ebay and I am not sure if it is genuine. My other shining cards from other sets have this thin line of holofoil around the edge of the text box but the shining charizard I bought does not.

I have never had either of the shining cards from this set before so I just want to check if it is fake or not before I contact the buyer. I don't want to have a go at him if it turns out the card is real so I really need your help. Can anybody help me? :(

A picture of your Shining Charizard might help to determine if it's fake, as mentioned by Alex(charm)ander.

However, looking at my Dragon Frontier Shining Charizard as well as the other Shining from that series (which is Mew) I can make out that thin line of holofoil around the text box that you mentioned. It was harder to notice on the Shining Charizard than it was on the Shining Mew, so maybe it was also just the lighting...?

Other opinions would definently be good before any action is taken and without a picture it's hard to tell, but based on looking at my own cards, I'd have to say "yes, yes it is." {D}{W}

On my card there is no holofoil around the text box at all. I tried looking at it in different lights. There are other problems like creases but I know that can be a factory issue. There is something about the card which feels odd, like it is lower quality. There were a couple of slight smudges as well.

I am unable to get a picture up at the moment but I am talking to the seller. I don't think you would be able to see much anyway. You really need to see it up close to see what I am talking about. I used a seller I had not used before. Hopefully I can get a refund and then use one of my trusted sellers.

an actual EX Dragon Frontiers Charizard Star should look like This. If you mean that light box aroung the text and half the energy isn't there its fake.

Back