• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Shedinja/Ninjask/Mew EX

silver116

<(~__~)>
What's up everyone?! I haven't posted to the deck garage in a while but today I decided to post my idea for a deck that revolves around shedinja. Here's the list:

4 Nincada DRX
4 Ninjask DRX
4 Shedinja DRX
2 Mewtwo EX
=14

4 Professor Juniper
4 N
3 Bianca
=11

4 Level Ball
4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Tool scrapper
3 Rescue Scarf
3 Giant Cape
3 Random Receiver
2 Super Rod
=23

8 Grass Energy
4 Blend Energy PRGD
=12

The Strategy:

The strategy is to attack with ninjask to do 60 damage and switch out into shedinja to wall my opponent. Because of ninjask's ability, I am able to get out a reasonable amount of shedinjas if they are KOed. Shedinja's ability makes it difficult for my opponent to draw a prize. The deck's best time in the game is at the beginning and gets cheap kills. It does wear out towards the end of the match though.​

This deck is...uh...interesting.

First of all, do not make a deck that is an instant loss to every deck using 4 Catcher. And that is about every good deck in our format. I'm not trying to sound mean, but this deck can not survive in our current meta.
Second, Ninjask's attack really isn't that good, only his ability. And even then, they can just Catcher around Shedninja for extra prizes.
Mew EX is a really bad choice for this deck, it has low HP, {P} weakness, and gives 2 prizes. You also didn't specify which Blend energy you are using, I assume PRGD?
And where are the Catcher? Every deck BW-on (I think every deck HS-DEX as well) runs 4 Catcher.

New list:
4 Nincada
3 Ninjask
4 Shedinja
3 Sigilyph
2 Tornadus EX/Mewtwo EX
=16

4 Professor Juniper
3 Bianca
=7

4 Level Ball
4 Pokemon Catcher
3 Rescue Scarf
4 Devolution Spray
3 Large Cloak
2 Super Rod
3 Random Receiver
3 SSU
2 Switch
=28

5 Psychic
4 DCE
=9

Once you set up a Ninjask, you want to be able to Devolve it to evolve Ninjask into Shedninja. SSU helps to pick up a benched Shedninja to do so. Giant Cloak is mainly for Sigilyph and/or the EXs. Change the EXs how you want, I would choose Mewtwo, but it's up to you. Just don't use Mew EX. If you really want to be able to attack with Ninjask, go ahead and add Blend or Grass energy.
edit:
Shedninja is great, but only early game or until you can set up an EX or Sigilyph.

Thanks for the input! I edited my list and decided to get rid of mew and add in two mewtwo EX's. I don't think that tornadus is right for this deck but mewtwo seems like a great fit. Devolution spray seems like a waste of space in the deck and so is SSU as it is quite flippy. This deck may be able to fit in the meta game and if not it'll be fun for league and BR!

I actually really like this idea, and yeah, it will be great for league and battle roads, and may fit into the format somewhere. I think the 4 tool scrapper may be a little too high, I think 2 is a good number at the moment until we see how the format evolves. Devoulution spray seems to fit right into this deck though and I personally would test it if I were you. Though only a suggestion.

- 2 Tool Scrapper

+ 2 Devoulution spray

Thejackster52 said:
I actually really like this idea, and yeah, it will be great for league and battle roads, and may fit into the format somewhere. I think the 4 tool scrapper may be a little too high, I think 2 is a good number at the moment until we see how the format evolves. Devoulution spray seems to fit right into this deck though and I personally would test it if I were you. Though only a suggestion.

- 2 Tool Scrapper

+ 2 Devoulution spray

Okay. I will test devolution spray online and see how it benefits me. Maybe you could do the same to get a feel for the deck. Tool scrapper is mainly there to combat garboder who destroys my strategy.

Keeper Of Night said:
Once you set up a Ninjask, you want to be able to Devolve it to evolve Ninjask into Shedninja.

This kind of confused me. Wouldn't it be better to use Devolution Spray to then revolve back into Ninjask? That way, you'd be searching out more Shedinja. Correct me by all means if I'm wrong though.

I do feel that Sigilyph is a really important factor to this deck surviving. With Shedinja being a Stage 1, this puts Revive out of the equation so Super Rod is really your only way of recycling it. Only having 60HP though could prove to be a serious downfall, as you might have trouble maintaining them on the field. Effectively, you could Night Slash into Sigilyph if they do have an EX as their active.

I think you should definately be attacking with Ninjask (Yeah, Mewtwo and Tornadus for other EX's). Without Ninjask, I don't see the point of Shedinja or Sigilyph, the idea being Nightslash and wall with Shedinja or Sigilyph. 60 isn't too bad since Stage 2's are starting to see a bit more play (Garchomp, Empoleon, Hydreigon) and their Basics have 60. While Catcher does hurt the deck, they can't take all their prizes with it unless they run Sableye.

The only way I see this deck being effective is right now is to go for disruption. I might have some hammers or something. Or, you could do what a friend of mine tried to do. His strategy was to swarm Shedinjas and pick up the Ninjasks so your opponent couldn't Catcher around Shedinja to take a prize, and let your opponent burn through their own resources. Unfortunately, it was a very tricky setup, especially without Seeker, Junk Arm, and Judge. It was a neat, but very unstable idea.

I really laughed when i read the list, tell me if i am wrong, but what s the whole point of getting out 4 Shedinjas on the bench, if you will only attack with Mewtwo EX?

I wanted to play Ninjask Shedinja as well, but in the current format, with Bug Catchers all around the place, it s not possible. Unless if you bring out 3 shedinjas, SSU your Ninjask, and attack with Combee, leaving your field only with empty shells...

Another way is Accelegor: just wish he cant have both switch and catcher in his/her hand.

Combee – Grass – HP30
Basic Pokemon

[C] Bee Missile: 30 damage. Return this card, and all cards attached to it, to your deck. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

wang zitong said:
I wanted to play Ninjask Shedinja as well, but in the current format, with Bug Catchers all around the place, it s not possible.

I think this deck is really being overlooked. Remembering that most deck with play a maximum of four Catchers. I've built this recently and found it's a lot better than I first anticipated. You can just Super Rod all the Shedinja's and with Devolution Spray, revolve your Ninjask to bring them back out. Sigilyph will act as a counter to EX's and with the inclusion of Blend, you can Catcher stall your opponent to use Cursed Drop with Shedinja.

Does it have potential? I would say yes, at what level I'm not too sure. However on a positive note, it is extremely fun to play though =]

http://pokebeach.com/scans/ex-deoxys/14-shedinja.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/scans/ex-dragon/18-ninjask.jpg

I used to have 1 of each, and could revive shedinja multiple times. Imagine now, with 4-4-4 shedinja, and super rod, revive...

I will have to agree that this deck can be played, it does have potential, and I will definitively try it. I agree with pokecast on the fact about catcher. Hell yeah! Take your 4 prizes with catchers and cry for your last 2!
Curse drop should never be used though, in a meta where the base damage is 120, 3 damage snipe, meh.

wang zitong said:
Curse drop should never be used though, in a meta where the base damage is 120, 3 damage snipe, meh.

I would disagree with you there, in remembering that you wouldn't play any PlusPower with this deck. I played against Empoleon Terrakion, to which I found myself Catcher stalling. By using Cursed Drop and spreading 1 damage on each Terrakion, it meant I was able to 2 shot them in exchange to unnecessarily dragging out that extra turn. Doing the math, strategically it meant I was able to save myself 3 turns, (not putting Max Potion into the equation).

That's just one example anyway, remembering that you could Cursed Drop on Garchomp/Empoleon taking it down to 120HP for the 2 shot or a Zekrom similar to Terrakion. Not to say you should definitely use it, but it's a handy option to have I think.

^U mean 2 turns, counting shedinja s attack and those exemples sure are situational. In those cases though, I am inclined to agree with what you have written, that is if i do not play any plus power.
Either way, i feel that the damage output is not optimal. I have been thinking about adding 2 Twist Mountains and 3 Areodactyls. If Catcher is not a problem to the deck anymore, why shouldnt we?

wang zitong said:
^U mean 2 turns, counting shedinja s attack and those exemples sure are situational. In those cases though, I am inclined to agree with what you have written, that is if i do not play any plus power.
Either way, i feel that the damage output is not optimal. I have been thinking about adding 2 Twist Mountains and 3 Areodactyls. If Catcher is not a problem to the deck anymore, why shouldnt we?

3 Terrakion spreading 1 damage on each through Cursed Drop. A single Terrakion would take about 3 turns to knock out, however being able to 2 shot each of them saves a turn in itself. In theory, realistically you'd be looking at around 9 turns however with the Cursed Drop, you can lower this down to 6 equaling 3 turns, (correct me if I'm wrong).

It's not that situational, just read into your opponent and look how much of their resources they have left. No Junk Arm's minimizes the Switch, so like I said you could just Catcher stall.

PokéCastXVll said:
3 Terrakion spreading 1 damage on each through Cursed Drop. A single Terrakion would take about 3 turns to knock out, however being able to 2 shot each of them saves a turn in itself. In theory, realistically you'd be looking at around 9 turns however with the Cursed Drop, you can lower this down to 6 equaling 3 turns, (correct me if I'm wrong).

It's not that situational, just read into your opponent and look how much of their resources they have left. No Junk Arm's minimizes the Switch, so like I said you could just Catcher stall.

Both of you are wrong. It's actually more like four turns! Cursed Drop on three Terrakions and then Nightslash OHKO's Terrakion. You forget the {G} Weakness :p

Mora said:
Both of you are wrong. It's actually more like four turns! Cursed Drop on three Terrakions and then Nightslash OHKO's Terrakion. You forget the {G} Weakness :p

Lol, touché.... Technically, wouldn't it be 3? Not including the Cursed Drop. Anyway this is irrelevant, bottom line is that it's a good deck! :rolleyes:

^lol, i include Curse Drop, since it definitively uses a turn, instead of Ninjask s usual attack.

I read the list again and there s only 2 super rods, no revive, and is missing 1 SSU.

Lol I waited to reply so I could get tons of input... which I did! I did some testing and instead of editing here's the new list:

4 Nincada DRX
4 Ninjask DRX
4 Shedinja DRX
3 Sigilyph
=15

4 Professor Juniper
4 N
3 Bianca
=11

4 Level Ball
4 Pokemon Catcher
3 Tool scrapper
3 Rescue Scarf
3 Super Rod
2 Random Receiver
2 Switch (for sig)
=21

6 Grass Energy
4 Blend Energy PRGD
3 DCE
=13

Concerning SSU I think it is way to flippy. Should I run it? Also I found that nincadas dig attack works well turn one. Not only does it protect against turn one mewtwo KO but it also allows me to KO 70 hp pokes the next turn. Also should I max out super rod?

Back