Ruling Shaymin...

Ardi-Yarne

Previously Kaitou Cooro
Okay, I realize Team Galactic: Road to Supremacy hasn't been officially released, but with the knowledge that Shaymin Sky Forme LV X is in it, it brought up a question.

Via Translation of the Shaymin Sky Forme cards, the name remains Shaymin. No Form information stated.

There's 2 Shaymins (One Normal Forme, one Sky Forme) and 2 LV Xs to match each Forme. Since there's no name change or anything, I expect you can only play 4 Shaymin (ex. 1 Sky, 1 Normal, 1 Sky LV X, 1 Normal LV X. Or any combination).

Now, my question is: Can you level up Land Forme Shaymin to Shaymin Sky Forme LV X and vice versa for Shaymin Land Forme LV X? I don't see why not since there isn't any clarification on what forme it is other than the picture.

I bet other people have wondered this, and I doubt the official rulings are out yet, but it's still been making me wonder.

How are we supposed to know?

I really think we have to wait until the cards come out, Zacario. This goes for Girantina Lv.X sky-forme too. But for what its worth, I think you can play him on any Shaymin cards

If you read what I said carefully, I said I doubt that anyone knows for sure yet.

And Giratina doesn't have a Sky Forme, it has an Origin Forme, which I really don't think would be legal to play on Shaymin.

It's just my guess but I think that shaymin sky form and shaymin normal form treated as different pokemon name just like deoxys and gastrodon(west sea and east sea).
So you can play 8(4 normal+4 sky form) shaymin in one deck.

But the translations have shown that their names are just "Shaymin". No Sky Forme or Land Forme in the names, and Deoxys, Gastrodon, and Castform all have secondary names for their formes.

Then it's just as you previously said,they are treated as same name and should can evolve both way. Fire houndoom and dark houndoom are good example for this.

^^Not really. The cards still resemble Houndoom. Shaymin Sky Forme is different looking from its normal form.

I don't think you can evolve Shaymin Land to Shaymin Sky Forme. I suppose that the Pokemon TCG assumes you can discern the difference between them?

If it says " play this card onto your active Shaymin " then you can play it ontop any card named shaymin
It doesnt matter what their picture looks like you follow the text not the picture

elway said:
It's just my guess but I think that shaymin sky form and shaymin normal form treated as different pokemon name just like deoxys and gastrodon(west sea and east sea).
So you can play 8(4 normal+4 sky form) shaymin in one deck.

If "Form" isnt included in the name, we get what we had with the previous Deoxys; 4 at max, all forms included.

Back