Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Ugh. I despise the whole "reskin old staples and print them again" they do. Are we really just gonna keep making little tweaks and reprinting Shaymins and Leles again and again? Feels so uninspiring to me, yikes. Do we really want that? Hell I don't even care for the whole thing they've done with Professor's Research, Boss's Orders, etc, just make new cards, or at least cycle the reprints so that formats have different effects available from one another.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
More than the new broken Supporter-Pokemon, I am sad we're getting VSTARs with a single attack. Back in the GX days, these cards almost always had three "effect spaces" or whatever you call them.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I am so happy Lumineon finally got some love in the form of a V card! In general they have been killing it with the ultra rare representation recently! Granbull, Kricketune, Crabominable, Kingler, Liepard, I could go on! Super happy that underrepresented mons are getting some well deserved attention :D

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
Wonder what will make up the 15 Full Art cards.

Of the 20 Pokemon V in the set, 12 of them are coming from Start Deck 100/promos, leaving a possible 8 in the set to get FAs.

Unless they are going full throttle now with Alternate Arts, and 1 of the cards is being taken out for a promo box or something.

Arceus, Charizard, Shaymin, Whimsicott and now Lumineon are the Vs in the set which would get FAs and now possibly not just the VSTAR mons will get AAs, but all of them.

Nyora

A Cat
So Lumineon, Charizard and Whimsicott all get Vs, and even Vstars, instead of the Sinnoh starters? They genuinely do not care about any starter other than charizard. If you don't believe me, the last Infernape card was printed in Forbidden Light. Besides that the Empoleon seems really cool.
Inteleon Inteleon Inteleon Inteleon Inteleon

The_Rayquaza_Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Wonder what will make up the 15 Full Art cards.

Of the 20 Pokemon V in the set, 12 of them are coming from Start Deck 100/promos, leaving a possible 8 in the set to get FAs.

Unless they are going full throttle now with Alternate Arts, and 1 of the cards is being taken out for a promo box or something.

Arceus, Charizard, Shaymin, Whimsicott and now Lumineon are the Vs in the set which would get FAs and now possibly not just the VSTAR mons will get AAs, but all of them.
We already seen the alt art or secret rare version of Arceus V, so it confirms that every Vstar will have an alt art.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
This is a nitpick, but it bugs me that Grotle is somewhat decent and a good fit for its evolution with its ability to search for the evolutions Torterra needs, but Monferno and Prinplup are just downright awful. They did this with Drizzile being superior to Thwackey/Raboot in base Sword and Shield too.

Roast Reveal is a pretty standard ability in the TCG now, right? Would it have hurt to give Monferno that ability?

But of course the art for the cards is really really nice. I hope Creatures can finish the Sword and Shield era without using Ken Sugimori stock art for a single Pokémon!

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Not bad for Sinnoh starters. If they release the Burmy Evolution, AND Kadabra in this set (seeing that it has been over a year since Uri Geller allowed the release of Kadabra cards once again), I will be happy. Failing the latter, I'll settle for the Fossil Pokémon.

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
This is a nitpick, but it bugs me that Grotle is somewhat decent and a good fit for its evolution with its ability to search for the evolutions Torterra needs, but Monferno and Prinplup are just downright awful. They did this with Drizzile being superior to Thwackey/Raboot in base Sword and Shield too.

Roast Reveal is a pretty standard ability in the TCG now, right? Would it have hurt to give Monferno that ability?

But of course the art for the cards is really really nice. I hope Creatures can finish the Sword and Shield era without using Ken Sugimori stock art for a single Pokémon!
Big if true. We are 8 sets into SWSH - not a single Sugimori? (for Pokemon at least)

I'm sure most gens would've had one in the first 2 sets.

Artwork seems to be getting better and better. Sorry Ken, but if you aren't going to try then just don't accept the job.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Big if true. We are 8 sets into SWSH - not a single Sugimori? (for Pokemon at least)

I'm sure most gens would've had one in the first 2 sets.

Artwork seems to be getting better and better. Sorry Ken, but if you aren't going to try then just don't accept the job.
I don't think Ken Sugimori is the one actually making the tcg art, he just illustrates each Pokémon for the games, and then someone else pastes it onto a stock background for the tcg some time later-

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer

That's not nitpicking, that's just one of the many unreasonable and unexplainable things they always do.

FlameBoy4792

Aspiring Trainer
I’m so glad Turtwig Grotle and Torterra are making a comeback in the tcg, that Grotle card looks so nice can’t wait