• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Shattered Echo (Primal Groudon EX / M Lucario EX / Golurk)

HannahPokeGirl

Gotta be the very best!
Hello! This is my first thread on Pokebeach, and it's about my TCG deck. I have alot of spaces to fill in, and it doesn't really have a strategy. Please, help me!

Pokemon: 17
  • 2 Groudon EX
  • 1 Primal Groudon EX
  • 1 Mega Lucario EX
  • 1 Lucario EX
  • 1 Groudon
  • 1 Hawlucha
  • 3 Golett
  • 2 Pumpkaboo
  • 1 Deoxys
  • 2 Golurk
  • 1 Gourgeist
  • 1 Skarmony
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 22
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Max revive
  • 1 Revive
  • 1 Roller Skates
  • 1 Mega Turbo
  • 1 VS Seeker
  • 1 Healing Scarf
  • 1 Energy Recycler
  • 1 Paint Roller
  • 1 Hard Charm
  • 1 Weakness policy
  • 1 Trick Shovel
  • 2 Tierno
  • 1 Battle Reporter
  • 1 Steven
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Ace Trainer
  • 1 Faded Town
Energy: 24
  • 10 Psychic Energy
  • 12 Fighting Energy
  • 1 Rainbow Energy
  • 1 Strong Energy
Strategy:

Thank you very much! I would like to take out the Pumpkaboo and Golett lines for more EX's and I really want (and I am getting for my Birthday!) Hoopa EX.

We have a board dedicated to helping with deck lists called the Deck Garage! :3 I have moved your topic there (er, here) and we'll give you some feedback.

Welcome to Pokebeach by the way. :D

I'm thinking we should streamline your list a bit, and take out many of the one-of cards. I've cut a lot of them in order to make room for some staples that should go in just about any deck that you'd make. Once you have more ways to draw through your deck quickly, you'll find that you won't need anywhere near as many Energy. Wobbuffet is a nice Pokémon to start with as you try to set up Primal Groudon since it really slows a lot of other decks down by locking Abilities. Mega Turbo is a card that I'd play more than just one of since it can help you to set up Primal Groudon. And you should also play a few Stadiums so that Groudon's attack can do even more damage. Here are my suggestions bellow:

-2 Pumpkaboo
-1 Gourgeist
-1 Deoxys
-1 Skarmory
-1 Battle Reporter
-1 Steven
-1 Max Revive
-1 Healing Scarf
-1 Energy Recycler
-1 Paint Roller
-1 Trick Shovel
-10 Pyschic Energy
-4 Fighting Energy
-1 Rainbow Energy

+3 Wobbuffet
+2 Primal Groudon EX
+1 Groudon EX
+3 Professor Sycamore
+3 Professor Birch's Observations
+3 Ultra Ball
+3 VS Seeker
+2 Mega Turbo
+3 Scorched Earth
+1 Fighting Stadium
+3 Strong Energy

This is so much better! Hmm, I'm not too fond of the Wobbuffet thing, since when I'm playing I haven't come across Pokemon with Abilities that seriously worry me. I do like the concept, just in case I find a worrying Pokemon. I love Scorched Earth! I think maybe 10 Fighting energies, and 7 Psychics, since I have more Fighting pokemon than Psychic ones.

Thank you for replying! :3

You might not have come across a lot of Pokémon with Abilities yet, but if you ever decide to play competitively, you'll notice that just about every deck plays Shaymin EX, that has an Ability that lets them draw until they have six. Some decks have the problem of relying on it, so that's the main thing you'd want to shut off with Wobbuffet. Just something to consider.

Love it. I've seen Shaymin EX in play, but I've never come across it myself. Probably why I forgot! *Heh heh* :oops:

I suggest you don't play any psychic energies, because the secret to being a good metagame player, is to base your deck around certain card(s). just making a psychic, fighting deck won't work, since there are many inconveniences, such as not drawing into the right energies, useless( at least at the moment, though maybe in general) Pokémon clogging your hand, and like Mora said, you need more staples for your deck to be more consistent, so you can hopefully take your opponents out as fast as you can. message me back and tell me what card(s) you want to base your deck around and I'll send you some skeleton lists.

Well, I just got a Hoopa EX tina nd inside was a Machamp full art ex! :D

I would like to base it off of:
Hoopa EX (Cos it helps me get more Ex's)
Machamp EX
Lucario EX
And all my other Ex's XD

I'm a bit clingy to my EX's. :rolleyes:

Well, I do have a bit of a strategy...
Hoopa EX gets me loads of cards
Machamp EX speaks for itself. It can make himself confused then attack with double power!
Lucario EX is great, cos every turn if you add an energy, you can use a higher power move!
Primal Groudon EX needs alot of Stadiums, which I don't have. This is why I love Scorched Earth!
Gengar EX is in there because Skarmony has a low retreat cost (anyone know of the no retreat cost Hawlucha? I'd switch regular Hawl for that one if I got that card), so this is how the turn goes:
Attach energy to Skarmony.
Return Skarmony
Go Gengar!
Use the attack which is really good and makes you go back to my hand! :D (I forgot the name.)

Well all I can see is a Machamp/Ariados deck, which you still need to dump all non-fighting energies because good competitive deck use from 10-12 energies. you're going to need to trade for 2 more Machamp-EXs. This is the list I'm going give you because you should not build a deck with all of your EXs in it due to like I said earlier- energy inconsistently.

Pokémon:13
Spinarak x2
Ariados x2
Machamp-EX x3
Landorus FuF x2
Lucario-EX x1
Hoopa-EX x1
Hawlucha x2

Trainers:36
Korrina x2
Sycamore x3
Birch x3
Lysandre x1
Teammates x1
Fighting Stadium x3
Muscle Band x3
Ultra Ball x3
VS Seeker x3
Trainers' Mail x3
Switch x2
Energy Switch x3
Prof. Letter x1
Xerosic x1
Battle Compressor x1
Enhanced Hammer x3

Energy: 11
Fighting x7
Strong x4

Just put your other EXs up for trade for the stuff you need. Strategy, Ariados poisons Machamp, Landorus builds up energy to attack with Machamp. so with 1 strong energy, a muscle band, fighting stadium and poison, Machamp can hit for 230!

Back