• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Shatter Shotgun Revisited (Lunala Prism Star)

Attix

Electric Delivery Driver from Washington
Over in the Budget Deck thread I have a deck called "Shatter Shotgun" which relies on using Lunala GRI's Shatter Shot to deal loads of damage. Since then, I've taken the deck back into the shop and tried to make it more consistent and competitive. I've come to the conclusion that Lunala Prism Star provides a more consistent and effective "shotgun" given enough energy in play, so what we have here is a deck designed to take advantage of it.

Pokémon - 17
  • 3 Cosmog SUM
  • 1 Cosmoem SUM
  • 3 Lunala GX SUM
  • 1 Lunala {*} ULP
  • 2 Drampa GRI
  • 2 Tapu Lele GX GRI
  • 1 Alolan Vulpix GRI
  • 2 Zorua SHL
  • 2 Zoroark GX SHL
Trainer - 31
  • 2 Brigette
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 2 Choice Band
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 4 Max Potion
  • 2 Guzma
  • 2 Energy Recycler
  • 2 Field Blower
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 2 Altar of the Moone
  • 3 Float Stone
Energy - 12
  • 10 Psychic
  • 2 Counter Energy

The basic idea here is to get energy out with Drampa, get Lunala GX onto the field as quick as possible, play Prism Star Lunala with a Fighting Fury Belt, then go to town. If PS Lunala is prized or knocked out, you've got Zoroark as a backup + draw support, or Lunala GX as a last resort. The Fighting Fury Belt is also useful to allow Drampa to avoid getting punk'd by 120 attackers.

The trainer cards are all bog-standard stuff. Counter Energy is used early in the game because I've found this often falls behind on prize cards to start off.

One thing I would like to do is replace one of the Lunalas with Turbo Solgaleo GX as a tech, but rumor has it it isn't coming out until October, so we'll have to make do for now.

Back