Several TCG issues discussion

uchihasasuke

Uchiha Sasuke
Looks like third generation pokemon came to an end, new pokemons will replace the new ones and there will be many changes to pokemon games including tcg.

First of all:
Rule changes, there may be some rule changes in 4th Generation. I have seen some indications that the weakness resistance calculation may change. There have been a rumor circulating that weakness could be changed to +10 instead of double and resistance is -20 instead of -30. I personally think this sux, the traditional calculation have never been changed and was so good. Some people have also suggested the ex's will end, nooooooooooooo!!!

Secondly:
Some existing stage ones that are very strong have been given evolutions. Pokemon changes such as evolution might affect future gaming formats, for example Dusclops now have an evolution and there is a Dusclops ex card existing. Which means it's evolution could evolve from an ex, a possible solution is making it's evolution an ex(just like scyther ex and scizor ex), but that means there won't be a normal version of it. Another possible solution would be making the normal version unable to evolve from it's ex form. Worse come to worse it may be cancelling ex's, noooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Thirdly:
The new pokemons are mostly dual type, would that mean now most pokemon will be given more types? This would be cool because other than delta or owner pokemons the only dual type(escluding depending on pokebdy ones) is only Metagross from ex-Legend Maker

Please discuss and share your informations or suggestions about the 4th generation tcg.

i want exs to stay!! plz stay!!!

BTW, if they really gonna change the calculation method , then we'll have to re-format our brains --- +10 for weak, - 20 for resist ....

and the evos for stage 1 pokes are real great! porygonZ, togekiss, kirlia's evo, piloswine's evo, they all look cool!

I highly doubt Ex's will stay for the 4th generation. From the looks of things after reading that bad translation it looks like the TCG will be a completely NEW game. D/P has completely changed the basis of what is defined by Physical and Special attacks, no longer relating to types, so this will most likely be reflected into the TCG somehow.

Do not expect the TCG to look how it does now, it WILL be a new game whether you like it or not. Pokemon who evolve with items might need those items to evolve in the TCG for D/P, that would make it cool. Strength based on level and experience would be very interesting as well...

I feel that the TCG now has been far too boring and repetitive to stay how it is, and alot of people feel the same way. I'm getting tired of the same old deal over and over, and with D/P's complete turn around, I hope the TCG does too.

If the damage calculation will going to change, that means all cards that written:

Weak Resistance Retreat cost
(C)X2 (F) -30 **

can't be used?! MY GOD.

Dual type isn't good, for me. Its quite confusing and sometime, RUIN MY VICTORY.

OMG, you need stones to evolve eeveolutions, kingdra etc?!?!?!? omg.... this is so bad, hope that it wont happen :(

kravenace said:
OMG, you need stones to evolve eeveolutions, kingdra etc?!?!?!? omg.... this is so bad, hope that it wont happen :(
I never said it WAS going to happen... I said it was a possibility. We don't know yet since they're still doing the game. I guess we'll have to wait until late October when the D/P TCG comes out in Japan. THEN we can start complaining or rejoicing...

to silver CYH,
well, sometimes u dont need to really write the +10 for weakness, juz keep it in ur mind ~ Nintendo's not gonna reprint the cards anyway...

yes, i like challenges and this "brain re-format " thingy is definitely a challenge (have to change the way we think when we see some cards)

BTW, weakness now doesnt sounds scary for the new format, only + 10 and not x 2 , i guess dustox ex, t tar ex, steelix ex, aggron ex can be good.

Just to clear one thing out:

The weakness and resistance changes from card to card, I bet, the more HP the higher weakness and resistance, the lower HP the lower weakness and resistance...

RE:  Several TCG issues discussion

TYranitarFReak said:
BTW, weakness now doesnt sounds scary for the new format, only + 10 and not x 2 , i guess dustox ex, t tar ex, steelix ex, aggron ex can be good.

If new format will be using new calculation, Dustox ex, Tyranitar ex,... can't be used again, isn't it. So, the WHOLE archetype will be rotated?

I have to agree with Abhorsen. This game, although it does work, is getting very repetitive as the sets go by. They keep introducing new mechanics, but those mechanics don't really change anything. For example, δ pokemon added very little flavor to the game, because the way they are handled in gameplay is the exact same. Changing the way cards are handled (such as weakness, resistance, and evolution) would bring a whole new spice to the game, and it would definitely keep me interested for much longer than I would be.

As far as i know δ pokemon is gone forever. Hopefully ex stays, since Dragon Frontiers will have ex in decks, may be a good sign as if it would continue to be so all decks will have ex's. Another possibility is this trend is actually a way to say farewell to ex's. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

i dont think DF will have ex in decks, Nintendo always give benifits only to Japan (they have exs starting from CG)

this game's gonna be more and morefun

RE:  Several TCG issues discussion

TYranitarFReak said:
i dont think DF will have ex in decks, Nintendo always give benifits only to Japan (they have exs starting from CG)

this game's gonna be more and morefun

Thats an intersting info. So, japanese and american or global decks are different? Thus Dragon Frontiers won't have ex's in theme decks... Good!!!!! Yippi!!!!! Hope u r right, TYranitarFReak.

Back