• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

serperior is a champ.

masonandrew

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon- 25
4-3-4 serperior 2 ability 2 non ability.
1-1 metapod
1-1 sunflora
1 cleffa
1 pichu
1 SEL top
1 SEL bottom
3-1-2 vileplume
T/S/S-21
3 rare candy
3 N
1 copycat
1 oak's
1 elm's
3 sage's training
4 collector
4 communication
2 twins
Energy
2 DCE
4 rainbow
7 grass

strategy is to heal with serperior while attacking with serperior non ability, using royal heal to heal even more, metapod for the reshiphlosion matchup, SEL is also for reshi, and donphan. you can just attach rainbow and then royal heal that damage counter off. pretty good.

When you say 2 attackers and two healers, do you mean 2 ability and two non-ability Serperiors? I suggest having 4 Royal Heal, if so. I also suggest another Metapod because one can be catcher-killed.

judge is for yanmega, no thanks. and using 4 royal heal is kind of the same thing as 2 of the non ability and 2 of the ability, because the non ability heals 20 when he attacks, while the royal heal heals 1 in between turns, plus you can give a DCE to it for fast attacks. the 1-1 metapod is alright because when they catcher it i bring up SEL and then start killing them fast.

{R} variants will have no problem just catchering up your 1 Metapod and even then a single plus power is enough to KO Serperior regardless of the lack or {R} weakness. i would suggest adding a 3-1-2 Vileplume line to stop that from happeing. It does make you deck slower but it also makes your opponents deck slower as well, it also allows you to be able to drop SEL on the bench wihtout worries of it being catchered. However it still doesn't help your Truth.dec and Gothitelle match-up because your damage output is capped at 60-80, so changing your enegy line-up to

7 {G}
4 Rainbow (access to SEL Torrent Blade)
2 DCE (mainly to retreat Vileplume if it's been dragged up by Bellsprout)

So if you were to go about this trainer lock route then

4-3-4 Serperior
3-1-2 Vileplume
1-1 Metapod
1/1 SEL
1 Cleffa
1 Pichu

Whether or not you want Sunflora in the deck is up to you, but playing such a large amount of pokemon may lead to bench problems early game when you want to ensure you have 2 Oddish and at least 2 Snivy on the field. however seeing as the deck would be supporter heavy, you can compensate the lack of Sunflora with more draw power (Juniper/Sage/Cheren/Pont) Yanmega isn't here either because space is already being taken to incorporate such a thick Serprior line and adding in at least a 2-2 line would boost your pokemon amount to 25-27 (if you play a 1-1 or 2-2 line) which is alot.

yanmega is one of the main attackers as it doesn't take energy, it makes it to where i can do fast attacks on the bench, torrent blade isn't a fast attack as i have no way to keep using it every turn.

masonandrew said:
yanmega is one of the main attackers as it doesn't take energy, it makes it to where i can do fast attacks on the bench, torrent blade isn't a fast attack as i have no way to keep using it every turn.

Torrent Blade isn't meant to be used over and over again. It's just to get rid of Reuniclus which would cause major problems with this deck (OHKO'ing other bench threats is nice too) though it does take a minimum of 3 turns to use. The Vileplume addition was just an idea to keep Metapod/SEL and other Serperiors or Snivy that are going to become serperior, safe on the bench.

i suppose i could add vileplume, thanks. but i'd really like to keep yanmega as it's the best attacker in the deck imo.

i updated it.

Back