• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Seniors Battle Roads Palkia Lock

miniman

It's Blissey Time
Pokemon: 22
2-1 Palkia G
2-1 Garchomp C
4 mesprit
3 Uxie
3 Crobat G
1-1 Dialga G X
1 Toxicroak Promo
1 Brongzong G
1 Azelf
1 Unown Q

S/T/S: 26
4 Cyrus, Conspiracy
4 Pokemon Collector
1 Bebe's search
1 Aarons Collection
1 Palmers

4 Poketurn
4 Energy Gain
3 Power Spray
2 Sp Radar
1 Warp point
1 Premier Ball

Energy 12
4 Water
4 DCE
3 Call
1 Psysic

Strategy: Lock powers with Mesprit and toss away what i don't need with palkia X power. Slow down their set up and slowly kill them with palkia pearl breath, Gchomp for late game, Promocroak for Luxchomp match up which really kills me cause they spray my Mesprits and can OHKO all my pokes with Lux or Chomp.
My metagame is Kingdra, sablelock, luxchomp (which isn't that popular in my area, but a few people play it), Blazelock, Gengar and lots of Rouge
Changes made
-1 warp point
-1 power spray
-1 Luxball
-1 Gchomp X

+1 Unown Q
+1 PKM Collector
+1-1 DGX

First of all, props to you for posting a good deck to share. :)

IMO, I would do:
-1 Crobat G.
+1 Uxie Lv.X (If you have access to, or can get one)
+1 Unown Q. -This is needed, considering that a greater odds that you would not start with Palkia G, Garchomp C, Crobat G or Uxie LA.
+1 Pokemon Collector - Running a 4th one seriously boost up your consistency, as Power-locking with Mespirit is one of the most important tactics within the deck. Getting an Uxie and a Unown Q is also really great to have in a pinch.
-1 Power Spray - A 4th one is not really needed, considering that you have Mespirit spamming usually during the first 4 turns then spam out sprays afterneath.
-1 DCE. I do not think you would need 4 of them, just 3 is enough.

Regarding to your metagame, did you say Gengar? I am sure most of them will switch out Nidoqueen for Vileplume....(Which could give you trouble) xD

Don't have a Uxie X I know I need a unown Q, but all mine have gone missing, but should get one next saturday. 4 collectors is a bit overkill, but I will try it. 3 bats are need and go perfectally in this deck. I'll drop a Power Spray for a unown Q and will work on getting a uxie X
Also Mew most of the gengar decks down here don't run Vileplum and spritomb is easy to get around

I used to run a second Garchomp, but after a while I started using it less, I will probably add in another. What should I drop for the 2nd Garchomp.

miniman said:
I used to run a second Garchomp, but after a while I started using it less, I will probably add in another. What should I drop for the 2nd Garchomp.

Try to take out a Palmer, you've got Aaron.

miniman said:
The only thing with that is 1 Aarons isn't enough recovery
#edited list#

Then remove an Energy Gain instead. And put some Energy Exchanger with a lot of Warp Energies for many tricks with Garchomp ;)

Warp point is easily dropped, since E-gain is usually a very valuable card in most SP-based decks.

Hope this helps.

thanks for all the help guys. I will dropp a warp point for a Gchomp C, will update list in a couple mins.
#updated list#

I really prefer 3 belt with 2 gain, since gain is searchable and belt isnt. Plus, Its really great to get a turn 2 Belted Pearl Breath to sweep from there. Id also take out the warp point for a warp energy, really much better since it can be reused by warping palkia to garchomp, galactic switch the warp onto garchomp, heal and poke turn.

3 belts isn't really needed, 2 would be good, also 2 energy gains isn't really enought 3 would be the mini.
So i'll drop 1 energy gain and a ?, for 2 E-belts. what else should I drop?
Also minimidget how many warp energys should I run ?

In my opinion you don't want to start out w/ Palkia, you want to start out w/ Crobat, Call into Bronzong and a Palkia. Then galactic Switch and attach an Egain and a water. Turn two Pearl Breath. Cut one for more space.

3 palkias are good so I can always have another ready on the bench, also if I do run 2 palkia and 1 is prized it will be harder to get out the 2nd one. And yes Zangoose the Crobat is the prefered start and I can normally get if, if not a, I can normally get a t2 pearl breath.
I will test with 2 palkias

Back