• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

SENIOR: Balboa's Shadow Bolt [Dusknoir-Manectric] MD-ON - BR

Balboa

Aspiring Trainer
-23-
4-3-3/1 Dusknoir (SH-SF#34-SF#1/LV X)
2-2 Manectric (PL-PL)
4 Spiritomb
2 Uxie
1 Unown Q
1 Ambipom G

-25-
3 Bebe's Search
3 Pokemon Collector
4 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 Expert Belt
1 Palmer's Contribution
4 Broken Time-Space
3 Pokemon Communication
2 Looker's Investigations
2 Rare Candy
1 Luxury Ball

-12-
10 Psychic
2 Warp

1-dusknoir.jpg

11-manectric.jpg

Strategy: Start with Spiritomb, evolve Electrike or Duskull SH. The goal is to have both Dusknoir and Manectric. With the first you attach (using the second attack), and with Manectric (with Bench Shield) you protect your bench from sniping.
Against SableLock is almost an autowin, against LuxChomp I don't know because I haven't tested against this deck. But I think Bright Look is very dangerous.

What do you think? I used this list for some months, with excellent results. And GengarPlume isn't very dangerous, because with the first attack of Dusknoir Fainting Spell doesn't have effect.

The first attack of Dusknoir is great, because, in combo with his poke-power, it can snipe in your opponen't bench, until 100/140 damages per turn.

RE: SENIOR: Balboa's Shadow Bolt [Dusknoir-Manectric] MD-ON

Interesting deck concept.

A 4th spiritomb would be nice to increase the deck consistency.

If you do look for an idea to keep a Stadium in play for many turns to come, a Dialga G does justice, with it's Deafen attack.

May I ask, why Ambipom G? That Pokemon is often wasted, since alot of the time, it would be either - 1) Dead draw, 2) Move energy around, 3) You don't run Energy Gain or DCE's.

Regarding your trainer lineup, Running cards in combination of Spiritomb and Pokemon Communication would give you a bad advantage against Vileplume-lock deck, or unable to get (or slow down) your setup when you have a Spiritomb active.

Perhaps, try utilizing a Dialga G Lv.X/Warp energy combo, which would allows you to:
1) Break the trainer lock created by opponent.
2) Utilizing a trainer/stadium lock on your opponent, enabling you to spread on for longer with Dusknoir Lv.X's stadium PokePower.
3) Warp Energies are dead useful to move Dialga out of the way once Levelled up.

Peace.

P.S. I take that deck is for your upcoming Battle Roads? Please add BR to your title if is the case.

RE: SENIOR: Balboa's Shadow Bolt [Dusknoir-Manectric] MD-ON

Mew Jadester said:
Interesting deck concept.

A 4th spiritomb would be nice to increase the deck consistency.

Good idea. I do it.

If you do look for an idea to keep a Stadium in play for many turns to come, a Dialga G does justice, with it's Deafen attack.

Bah, I don't like Dialga G here. If the opponent discards the stadium card isn't a problem, however both SP and SableLock don't use stadium cards. Dialga doesn't work here, I think.

May I ask, why Ambipom G? That Pokemon is often wasted, since alot of the time, it would be either - 1) Dead draw, 2) Move energy around, 3) You don't run Energy Gain or DCE's.

Ambipom is here for his first attack. With Tail Code I can stall if I'm in a situation of difficulty, and vs SableLock is fantastic to move an energy from the active pokemon to Giratina or Uxie. It's here for stall and for the combo with the second Dusknoir's attack.

Regarding your trainer lineup, Running cards in combination of Spiritomb and Pokemon Communication would give you a bad advantage against Vileplume-lock deck, or unable to get (or slow down) your setup when you have a Spiritomb active.

Mh. Maybe I can take out the Warp Points and a Pokemon Communication, for 1 Spiritomb and 2 Looker's investigations, very useful against SP decks.
And what do you think about the Rare Candies? Maybe I can add a Dusclops for useing Spiritomb and BTSs? Only two Candies are enough maybe..

Perhaps, try utilizing a Dialga G Lv.X/Warp energy combo, which would allows you to:
1) Break the trainer lock created by opponent.
2) Utilizing a trainer/stadium lock on your opponent, enabling you to spread on for longer with Dusknoir Lv.X's stadium PokePower.
3) Warp Energies are dead useful to move Dialga out of the way once Levelled up.

No. I don't like Dialga here, it's inconvenient IMHO. However thanks for your advices ^^

P.S. I take that deck is for your upcoming Battle Roads? Please add BR to your title if is the case.

It's a random deck. I think for the BRs, but I don't know. Maybe for the European Cup, but probably I can't go there because of the school (I'll start the High School on September).

Thanks ^^

Wow, my deck is really perfect?.. I need a counter to the Luxray's Bright Look for the first/second/third turns... what can I add?

Balboa said:
Wow, my deck is really perfect?.. I need a counter to the Luxray's Bright Look for the first/second/third turns... what can I add?

Mespirit but i have no idea how your going to manage it. Deck pretty crammed. It likly won't occur on dusknoir.

Wow great deck but i know what you should take out a lot of people dont this but tm evolter is great with dusknoir i have a dusknoir deck and i have that in it. Take out two broken time space and two tm evoulters.

Nah, I've already Spiritomb for evolve my pokemons. And against decks with trainer lock BTS is better than evoluter.

I like this deck and your reasoning supporting your list~ I just don't think it's gonna beat Gengar Vileplume easily. 2HKO with a faster attack and more adapted to trainer lock than you just seems bad. Even though if you match the Gengar lines with Dusknoirs, you might not outspeed the energy attachments before they start attacking. Just my theorymon.

This deck's early game versus luxchomp seems too weak, too. You need the Manectric to stop the Garchomp from sniping, and they can Bright Look around trainer lock, killing your premature Dusknoir. Creating a good situation to play Mesprit [Spiritomb active with one in hand for safety, option to get Dusknoir in hand, benched Manectric, and Duskull ready to play when you want] is too reliant on getting a PkmnCollector, and I personally don't like those odds, even if you ran 4. If you get set up, though, you have to keep them from killing off more Dusknoirs, and therefore, you'd need more candy. The amazing snipe attack is beautiful to play with, and the Lv.X will eventually win you the game.

My suggestions:
+2 Mesprit
+1 Candy
+1 Collector

~L_X_F

Maybe...
- 2 Looker's
- 1 Ambipom G
+ 2 Mesprit
+ 1 Collector

4 Candies are too much imho. I always evolve the first Dusknoir with Spiritomb, and candies are not so needed.

You need Lookers.. That's the only way to maybe prevent a turn of setup against some decks. It wins games. Personally, I think 4 BTS is waaaaaay too much. I'd take out 2 and the Ambipom for what you wanted to add, and personally, I'd love to figure out how to add the 3rd candy.

~L_X_F

Back