• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Seismitoad/Manaphy Standard Deck

caccialli

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon: 10
  • 3x Seismitoad-EX (Furious Fists 20)
  • 1x Articuno (Roaring Skies 17)
  • 1x Glaceon-EX (Fates Collide 20)
  • 2x Manaphy-EX (BREAKpoint 32)
  • 2x Shaymin-EX (Roaring Skies 77)
  • 1x Hoopa-EX (Ancient Origins 36)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 38
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Skyla
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 1 AZ
  • 3 N
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Rough Seas
  • 4 Trainers’ Mail
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Max Elixir
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 3 Energy Switch
  • 1 Dive Ball
Energy: 8
  • 12 Water Energy
Strategy:

Use Max Elixir to power up Seismitoad quickly thanks to Manaphy's ability and Energy Switch and heal with the multiple Rough Seas. Glaceon is in to deal with things that Seismitoad can't like Greninja. Articuno is a cleaner and reliable non-EX attacker.

I know that Hex Maniac can be very helpful against certain high tier decks (like Night March), but I just found every card in the deck was very valuable. Which would you suggest removing for a Hex Maniac?

Removing AZ for Hex Maniac seems like a safe change to make. You already get good options to switch through Manaphy-EX's ability and Energy Switch, and it's not like the attackers you have are pushovers.

I know that Hex Maniac can be very helpful against certain high tier decks (like Night March), but I just found every card in the deck was very valuable. Which would you suggest removing for a Hex Maniac?
Of all the cards in your list, the "least" valuable, IMO, are the Energy Switch for 2 reasons:
  1. When you draw, you know where you will attach; and
  2. When you play Max Elixir, again you know where you will attach that energy.
So, the times when you really "need" to play Energy Switch are quite limited. On the other hand, should you become Item-locked (by Vileplume or Trevenant), a Hex Maniac may potentially increase your game winning odds significantly. After some additional thought, do you really need Energy Switch at all...

By the way, if you're finding the Water energy are too time consuming to attach (i.e., you are not hitting energy with the Max Elixir and/or you are Item-locked early game), also consider replacing 2-3 Water with 2-3 Double Colorless. Plus, the DCEs will help get your "stuck" Active (I suspect the Energy Switch were for this purpose primarily) back to the bench faster.

Last edited:
Why Articuno ? The flipping attack can yield an extra prize, but why not use regice ? A bit more fluid and you could use a compressor her to your advantage for supporter fuel in the discard pile !

Why Articuno ? The flipping attack can yield an extra prize, but why not use regice ? A bit more fluid and you could use a compressor her to your advantage for supporter fuel in the discard pile !

I think Articuno is there mainly to provide a chance to get an early lead in the prize trade against the likes of Greninja and Night March.

Back