• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Seismitoad EX / Victreebel / Dragalge (After Anticipated XY-On Rotation)

Ironman131

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 4 Seismitoad EX
    2 Trevenant EX
    2-2-2 Victreebell
    1-1 Dragalge
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Professor Sycamore
    4 Professor Birch's Observastion
    2 Shauna
    2 Lysandre
    1 Lysandre's Trump Card
    2 Wally

3 Muscle Band
    3 Ultra Ball
    1 Professor's Letter
    2 Enhanced Hammer
    2 Crushing Hammer
    3 VS Seeker
    2 Switch
    2 Head Ringer

2 Silent Lab
Energy:

• 4 Double Colress Energy
    5 Grass Energy

Strategy:

This is a possible seismitoad EX deck after an anticipated xy-on rotation. The goal is to use seismitoad EX and quaking punch to item lock the oppenent. Victreebell is in the deck as a means of posion and confusion. Trevenant EX is in the deck as a heavy hitting atacker. dragalage to posion lock the opponent. I think all of the cards will be legal in the XY-on format, Wally is the only card that is not out yet and it would allow me to get the Victreebell and dragalge out quicker.

Wally - Trainer
Supporter

Search your deck for a card that evolves from 1 of your Pokemon (excluding Pokemon-EX) and put it onto that Pokemon. (This counts as evolving that Pokemon.) Shuffle your deck afterward. You can use this card during your first turn or on a Pokemon that was put into play this turn.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm that supporter line is very weak, like really really weak. professor birch is way to inconsistent for my taste, and Shauna is only good if your running Magnezone. so I would go with a stronger supporter line of 4 N 3 Colress 4 Juniper. that's actually my supporter line for all my decks expect Magnezone decks, in witch I run 4 N 3 Colress 3 Juniper 4 Shauna. of course maxiechamp is also different due to battle compressor but that's way off topic. I also suggest that you run evo-soda with wally because I figure that will turn into the new rare candy. But Trevenant EX? Why? I don't get how you explained the reasoning behind him, he just makes no sense in a Seismitoad deck especially with the # of grass energies your running. I would just take him out, maybe replace him with Virizion EX?

This deck is for an anticipated xy-on rotation thats why there is no N or Colress. Trevenat EX is in there in the as a big attacker that can hit higher numbers than seismitoad EX. Rare candy isnt going any where it was just reprinted in primal clash.

I'd reckon Virizion EX, for one, but Keldeo EX and Aegislash EX could prove problematic, especially if the latter plays Steel Shelter.

Not sure what a better stadium would be for the deck after xy-on rotation. Kecleon the deck is supposed to be for the XY-on rotation. The silent lab would help against Aegislash EX as well. Tevenant EX can attack with just basic energy so that could also be used as an Aegislash EX counter.

Mountain ring is always useful, but there isn't too much bench damage outside of landorus/kyurem/genesect. Maybe just a good counter stadium that doesn't hurt you that doesn't help your opponent either.

Ah I didn't realize N and Colress were going to be rotated out. Well I guess if your running toad then I would run some Ghetsis because that shuffles all their item cards into the deck and could lead to potential extreme draw power for you, it's a very good combo with toad in my opinion.

Back