• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Seismitoad-EX / Shaymin-EX / Archeops

Mimoso

Politically Incorrect TCG Theorist
This is my Expanded idea, if it ever applies to Europe. Expanded format will pretty much either become an ultra lock based format, or a hard-hitting really fast one, whether it's through the means of attacks or abilities.
Understandingly, the most impacting single card released in the latest years is our friend Toad, so I've created a list revolving around it, in a classical manner with a few changes to make it more effective:

Pokémon: 10
  • 3 Seismitoad EX (FFI)
  • 2 Shaymin EX (ROS)
  • 1 Hoopa EX (AOR)
  • 1 Jirachi EX (PLB)
  • 1 Keldeo EX (LTR)
  • 1 Archeops (NVI)
  • 1 Exeggcute (PLF)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 42
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 N
  • 1 Colress
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Team Flare Grunt
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 1 Cassius
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 4 Crushing Hammer
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 1 Battle Compressor
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 3 Virbank City Gym
  • 1 Computer Search
Energy: 8
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 4 Water Energy
Strategy:

Starting with Toad, the goal is to get everything you want on field as soon as possible in your first turn; the Computer Search or any of the Ultra Balls bring Hoopa in play, which in turn bring your homies Jirachi, Keldeo and Shaymin. Jirachi goes for Maxie and Shaymin provides for Toad of what he needs while you do your discarding game ahead for Maxie with Archeops in the discard (hard with 1 Battle Compressor and don't know what else to add). Archeops is there to make sure most decks in the metagame are dead, while Toad does the rest with energy denial, item lock, and laserbank, and Shaymins in the back go through their setup amidst Cassius and AZ, that can also be used to retrieve any complicated situations. Keldeo is there to prevent any kind of stalling, endlocking and status conditions.

I just now viewed OGarciaUHXA's Shiftry/Toad list and I must say that with some changes that decks poses a real serious threat, giving Shiftry the stability it needed to go through a full game. Might try a tweaked version of it.

Please comment on the strengths and weaknesses of this deck and the changes that are most suited for it to become better (or if it isn't Tier 1 in Expanded at all) as I'm trying to stretch out all my options for an investment in case Expanded is also the rule in European Regionals. Thank you all.

Hello Mimoso, the idea of the decklist is pretty awesome since it counters almost everything locking items and evolutions but I think four trainer's mail is a must-addition card in this deck. Four copies of this card will be very usefull and they will help you to find those 38 trainers left in the deck. In order to make them fit in the deck I reccomend you to drop the super rod(One copy won´t make the difference), one ultraball( I guess three is enough, specially when you run Hoopa EX) the AZ and one basic water energy. I would also think about dropping the exeggcute for a primal clash bunnelby.

-1 Super rod
-1Ultra ball
-1 AZ
-1 Water energy

+ 4 Trainer's mail

-1 Exeggcute (This is not very important)
+1 Bunnelby with ancient trait (PRC)

I hope this helps

Back