• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Seismitoad EX / Politoed / Poliwrath

Creez

Aspiring Trainer
I know Shaymins would be good in it , but i have no shaymins.... im planning on getting some but for now i don't have. I have tried with rare candy, it was working decent, but i thought adding octillery for more draw, would get my evolution faster so i wouldn't need it, plus octillery i can use it on long term and multiple time for more draw

EDIT: i NOw have 2 shaymins

Pokemon: 16
  • 4 Poliwag FFI
  • 4 Poliwhril FFI
  • 2 Politoed FFI
  • 2 Poliwrath FFI
  • 2 Seismitoad EX FFI
  • 2 Shaymin-EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34
  • 2 Dive Ball
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Escape Rope
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Rough Seas
  • 2 Wally
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Trainer's mail
  • 2 Super Rod
Energy: 8
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 4 Water Energy
Strategy:

THe deck goes fairly well but the draw sometime is.... bad? i'd say i tryed running more support for draw power, even the octillery.Sometime i just get nothing, something else too is when im doing my set up i have
1 politoed in play and im doing my other set up line for poliwhirl if he just get killed, i have to restard all over again wich is a really cons to this deck :/ if your opponent kill you or stop you one before making multiple attacker on the bench you will be really slow and hard to come back :/.Seismitoad is here to stak a little time on locking the oppenent or even be the tank against attack since all the poli pokemon are low on health. Oh another fact xD being against a sceptile deck.... nothing more to say you get wreck ahaha

Feel free to say something about this deck, i know it's slow since it's mostly stage 2, but i really love poliswag... aheum... poliwag deck and tryed to make them viable.

THanks

Last edited:
If you're having problems with consistency, you might want to try finding room for another draw Supporter and VS Seeker. The problem with Stage 2's in Standard is that aside from Juniper, there really aren't too many good options for draw at the moment. Excluding Shaymin of course, but I'm assuming that since you have the Octillery line that you don't have access to that. Another thing that might help is taking out the Skylas, a Switch, and an Escape Rope for 4 Trainers' Mail. I like Trainers' Mail more than Skyla because you can play them easier. If you do that, you can make Trainers' Mail better in your deck by taking out Pokemon and Energy (as opposed to other Trainers) to make room for Trainers' Mail.

I bought 2 Shaymin-Ex , i should get them soon via mails, so i get 4 free spaces, i guess brigitte if no more use i can remove her?, i have thought of using Archie ace in the hole with the new empoleon, it could work with politoed since i can archie both of them? could it be decent, but i would have to change my deck completly i think.

I made some modification, and have free space left

Last edited:
I bought 2 Shaymin-Ex , i should get them soon via mails, so i get 4 free spaces, i guess brigitte if no more use i can remove her?, i have thought of using Archie ace in the hole with the new empoleon, it could work with politoed since i can archie both of them? could it be decent, but i would have to change my deck completly i think.

I made some modification, and have free space left

You should note that Empoleon won't boost Poliwrath's damage even if it's put into play with Archie's Ace because it's still considered a Stage 2. It would work for Seismitoad though.

You should note that Empoleon won't boost Poliwrath's damage even if it's put into play with Archie's Ace because it's still considered a Stage 2. It would work for Seismitoad though.
oh ahah forgot that part, thanks for reminding me! no need of him then :p

Back