• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Seismitoad EX / Giratina EX for States

PokeDad5

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon: 8

• 4 Seismitoad EX
  • 2 Giratina EX
  • 2 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 45

• 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Judge
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Team Flare Grunt
  • 1 Skyla
  • 1 Cassius
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Super Scoop Up
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Puzzle of Time
  • 4 Crushing Hammer
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Silent Lab
  • 1 Rough Seas
Energy: 7
  • 4 DCE
  • 3 DDE
Strategy:

So this is the DL I took to Ohio States. I will say I was nervous about the consistancy of the deck going into States and I modified it the night before thanks to some help from Andrew Mahone. The changes helped a lot. I was able to go 5-0-2 through swiss rounds and made top 8. Sadly though my story was ended rather quickly thanks to a excellent played Vileplume/Vespiquen deck. I will say this deck played wonderfully against almost every deck I ran against. I did struggle on the mirror match, but with some lucky hammer rolls I pulled that off. If you have a hot hand and are able to rolls heads this deck is pretty solid.

Pokémon: 8

• 4 Seismitoad EX
  • 2 Giratina EX
  • 2 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 45

• 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Judge
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Team Flare Grunt
  • 1 Skyla
  • 1 Cassius
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Super Scoop Up
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Puzzle of Time
  • 4 Crushing Hammer
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Silent Lab
  • 1 Rough Seas
Energy: 7

• 4 DCE
  • 3 DDE
Strategy:

So this is the DL I took to Ohio States. I will say I was nervous about the consistancy of the deck going into States and I modified it the night before thanks to some help from Andrew Mahone. The changes helped a lot. I was able to go 5-0-2 through swiss rounds and made top 8. Sadly though my story was ended rather quickly thanks to a excellent played Vileplume/Vespiquen deck. I will say this deck played wonderfully against almost every deck I ran against. I did struggle on the mirror match, but with some lucky hammer rolls I pulled that off. If you have a hot hand and are able to rolls heads this deck is pretty solid.

Thanks! Wish I had played or knew more about Vileplume/ Vespiquen before playing you. You played it very well. Congrats on Top 4!

Back