Scoop Up Net Banned in Japan!

ADP w DDE is like mew, if your teched (pokémon ranger.) Then yeah sure its buns. If you don't the deck almost immediately sreamrolls you, over all quite problematic and toxic.
This is objectively incorrect. You can’t apply your understanding of Mew VMAX in Standard to ADP in Expanded when the latter isn’t even toxic. You don’t even need Ranger to beat ADP except if you’re playing Stall or Shadow Rider because they’re slower decks. You do understand that for ADP Dragonite for example, GX + KO + KO is nothing different from KO + KO + KO? The only difference is that the former is counterable and therefore not guaranteed. The latter makes it so you don’t need to play predictably by setting up ADP. If ADP was “steamrolling” players, then why is that not reflected in tournaments on Limitless and Japan?

This is exactly my problem with players in Expanded. You can’t focus so much simply on what the text of the cards says - you have to look at how things are sequenced and the efficiency of resources. Too many players focus simply on what cards do, rather than looking at the bigger picture.

ADP w DDE is like mew, if your teched (pokémon ranger.) Then yeah sure its buns. If you don't the deck almost immediately sreamrolls you, over all quite problematic and toxic.
lmao ADp doesn't steamroll anybody...keep coping though casual

You can thank Japan for failing to address the very cards that turn people away from the format: Tinachomp GX and Electrode GX. Lots of reasons why they didn’t, but massive favoritism towards Lugia VSTAR and to a lesser extent, Alolan Raichu is a huge reason why. But they don’t care because much less people over there aren’t turned away from it because of Tina and Trode, despite basically everyone else thinking otherwise.
tinachomps gx move was very op, and its attack was very good, i didnt really see much players use trode gx thought... but tinachomp was a nightmare!

tinachomps gx move was very op, and its attack was very good, i didnt really see much players use trode gx thought... but tinachomp was a nightmare!
Electrode GX sees play in Alolan Raichu and it still enables a lot of toxic combos. Tinachomp needs to go but sadly Japan won’t let that happen because of their blatant deck bias. As I explained, they’d rather incentivize “brain-dead” play over critical thinking. That’s why they don’t play Control because they know how much it would expose all their decks as not being OP as it looks.

Question to everyone: what would we have to ban from expanded to make it fun and/or balanced.
Latios ex, phermosa gx, electrode gx and silent lab. the first 2 for being part of decks that win in one turn, electrode gx for the garchomp giratina gx deck against which they are extremely boring and unfair and the silent lab because I hate it

Latios ex, phermosa gx, electrode gx and silent lab. the first 2 for being part of decks that win in one turn, electrode gx for the garchomp giratina gx deck against which they are extremely boring and unfair and the silent lab because I hate it
Latios ex and Pheromosa GX are definitely not bannable. TPCi only bans cards that have balance issues in tournaments. Neither of these cards are going to be an issue in a tournament because you’re not only never going to win with these decks, especially in BO3 format. Iron Valiant made FTK better because you can effectively spam 16 damage counters total which is nuts so that’s why Net got the boot.

Tinachomp and Trode, yes. Silent Lab? Simply because you “hate it” is not a good reason at all. Lab is absolutely not toxic to the format. You have Field Blower / Faba / Lost Vacuum and many other stadium denials. Just because you have an issue playing around Silent Lab doesn’t mean it’s bannable simply because you don’t like it. It’s quite literally a skill and deck issue, not the card itself.

Electrode GX sees play in Alolan Raichu and it still enables a lot of toxic combos. Tinachomp needs to go but sadly Japan won’t let that happen because of their blatant deck bias. As I explained, they’d rather incentivize “brain-dead” play over critical thinking. That’s why they don’t play Control because they know how much it would expose all their decks as not being OP as it looks.
Agreed, tinachomp is good when ur using it, but if yout not, ur not safe, so making banned is good, but it only is playable in the expanded meta, so it doesnt really matter, but i do agree with u...

Back