Scoop Up Net Also Banned from Expanded Internationally

And then they don't even use it consistently.
Not really. Some stuff is specificly suposed to target multi prize pokémon like Ceruledge and other are supposed to target all ”Unique” Pokémon. They are used within their own enviroments.

I think "new cards are better because they can circumvent some punitive targeting of old cards" is a more interesting design space
Punitive cards are usually made for a reason, so making cards that can circumvent them isn't really a good idea, unless you want to sell a new version of the punitive card that now targets the new cards as well.
Pokemon doesn't even need to powercreep, because the numbers on the cards isn't what's selling most of the cards.

Here is a solution me and my friend came up with a solution for our personal matches that largely fixes cards like these:

We errated all cards that mention multiple rule boxes to include all rule boxes. For example with Scoop Up Net since it mentions GX’s and V’s specifically, it cannot scoop up anything with a rule box. In our opinion this is a better idea than outright banning something entirely!

No surprise.

Facing a donk deck that consistently does 200ish damage first turn going first (between Iron Valiant ex, Scoop Up Net, Scoop Up Cyclone, Pheromosa GX, etc etc) and even potentially 300+ (if Super Scoop Ups and whatnot roll well) and all while taking potentially 5-10 minutes to do so is the epitome of not fun to face and unhealthy for the game even if it isn't good enough to win any tournaments.

Especially sucks that there is no Scoop Up Net for the Inteleon engine, but at least in the meantime some of the other evolving abilities like Evoshock Raichu and Lethargy Spores Parasect can resort to Devolution Spray.

Back