• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Scizor/Zoroark GX

xstxphoenixx

Aspiring Trainer
POKEMON (18)
4x Zorua
4x Zoroark GX
4x Scyther
3x Scizor GX
2x Tapu Lele GX
1x Registeel CRI

TRAINERS (31)
3x Cynthia
3x Guzma
3x N
2x Brigette
2x Professor Sycamore
1x Mallow

4x Ultra Ball
3x Choice Band
3x Metal frying pan
2x Float Stone
2x Field Blower
2x Evosoda
1x Rescue Stretcher

ENERGY (11)
4x Double Colorless
7x Metal

Im not sure about Registeel in this deck, i do feel like this deck could do with Magearna ULP and 1-2 Dhelmise (steelworker) and an option to get past hoopa but any feedback is apricated thank you.

Zoroark was also the partner I was considering pairing Scizor GX with, but instead with less Zoroark and Scizor. I agree that Magerna is a good option for Scizor as it will allow you to transition from defensive to offensive minded or vice versa. Dhelmsie also feels like a good option, I'm just not sure the deck has open bench spaces for one. Other potential tech options you might want to consider could be Latios from shining legends for Buzzwole, or mewtwo from evolutions or Marshadow so you can copy Mewtwo's attack and kill zoroark's

I'm liking this deck build already... any thoughts on putting in Max Potions or Mt. Coronet? Acerola? Definitely gotta think 2 turns ahead with this scizor build as you gotta know when to attack for heavy damage and when to heal or retreat into another scizor.... Put in a Drampa? Would benefit from damage on scizor and it's colourless....

I've been debating this pairing heavily as I pulled 3 Scizor GX from the multiple prerelease events I went to over the past weekend. I don't know that I really like it though. I kind of feel like a water pairing would be good as well. Maybe not Ludicolo or Swampert because stage 2 angst but still. Alolan Ninetails (GX) perhaps? Besides the obvious of yay draw and splash in any deck, why Zoroark GX? I feel like we need to try utilizing other partners, especially with Zoroark and other main meta decks getting focused on lately for punishment. Maybe a Lucario GX combo instead?

This list i put together and used at my local so it was the first time using it.
Mt. Coronet and Acerola both did cross my mind although out of the matches i did play i didnt feel i needed Mt. Coronet and i didnt use Registeel at all.
As for max potions, im really not sure about but Acerola could be useful. Drampa sounds interesting.

My opponents were trying to focus the Zoroarks over the Scizors though so im sort of wondering about actually leaving them in although the draw power did help. For now though im thinking of going 4-3 Zoroark but again im not sure. As for another partner for Scizor im not sure how i feel about adding a different type of energy to the deck although Lucario does sound interesting? there is also the L, M, P unit energy if any Electric or Psychic types spring to mind.

Without a choice band as i was using the metal frying pan as well a Dhelmise would of seemed helpful as it would 2 shot Rayquaza and 1 hit Zoroarks with its GX move which would of helped. Although bench space was pretty tight.

I am building Scizor-GX for the next upcoming format in September and I'm using Scizor-GX with Alolan Muk from Sun and Moon base to make our opponents cry. Dealing with a technically 270 HP Stage 1 thanks to it's Steel Wing attack and due to Frying Metal Pan, with no weakness (as Steel Wing makes you take -30 and Frying Pan another -30, just to clarify.) And when they are about to knock it out, use Acerola and evolve another Scyther with the Scizor you just picked up.

is that the Muk that removes abilities from basic Pokemon? Looked interesting, i saw it on youtube, not sure if its you or not?

is that the Muk that removes abilities from basic Pokemon? Looked interesting, i saw it on youtube, not sure if its you or not?

The video wasn't mine no and yes it is the Muk that removes all abilities from Basics. It's a more defensive version of Scizor-GX that I like. Once I work out the kinks of my build and make it more consistent and fine tune it, I will make a topic about it in the deck garage.

Back