Scizor Prime

MetaArmor

Defender of Lemons
I would Love to make a Scizor Prime deck. I always liked the pokemon and it has a pretty damn good prime card. It does not seem that many decks are run with special energies, so it is not a popular card. Is it still playable in this meta game? Will it be seen more once NV expansion is released? Is it just flat out doomed? What would be the best deck to use him in, now and in the future.

Well, it died in hype once reshiram came out because it could easily one shot it, but now that everyone is kinda running Zekrom/tornadus/donphan it's still not that good in those match ups except for with tornadus maybe. He's not doomed, just not as wanted as he used to be.

Well, one of Scizor's biggest problems is that no matter how many SP Metal energies you attach to it, Rehsiram is going to OHKO you every time. Another problem is the damage output. While 2 for 70 may seem good, cards like Yanmega Prime can do 0 for 70, along with a sniping option, which completely outclasses this card.

^ Are you sure Yanmega does 0 for 70 Energy? XD

I'd run Scizor prime with Ability Samurott to counter Reshiram.

I was thinking Scizor and Samurott, but then I am just trying to keep Scizor alive then actually using his potential. I was thinking maybe a Scizor, Pidgeot, Cobalion mix that could possibly stall the opponent in different ways, but then again it might still be fragil.

Scizor's type is poor in that is doesn't hit anything (aside from beartic and kyurem but they aren't that good) for super effective damage, its weakness is poor because fire is the most common type in the meta, its Body isn't very useful because all decks use main attackers that don't rely on Special Energy, and its attack takes too much energy for flat out not that much damage. Imo it has no chance of being in a successful deck.

Back