• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Scizor GX Feedback

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 4 Scyther CES 4
* 1 Kartana-GX CIN 70
* 1 Magearna UPR 91
* 1 Registeel CES 96
* 1 Solgaleo {*} UPR 89
* 3 Scizor-GX CES 158
* 2 Dhelmise GRI 59
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 1 Rescue Stretcher BUS 165
* 3 Acerola BUS 142
* 1 Lillie SUM 147
* 2 Metal Frying Pan FLI 112
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Copycat CES 127
* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Judge BKT 143
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Pal Pad FLF 92
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123

##Energy - 12

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 8 Metal Energy Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This is a Scizor GX deck I started to tinker with shortly after rotation hit. It focuses on Scizor GX, which can tank opposing attacks with Steel Wing, sometimes in combination with Metal Frying Pan; it can occasionally get an OHKO on evolved Pokemon with Cross Cut. Magearna is in here to switch tools around when need be, while Celestial Storm Registeel is a non-GX attacker that hits Hoopa and baby Alolan Ninetales. The latter will be replaced with baby Scizor when Lost Thunder comes out overseas. Solgaleo Prism accelerates Steel energies in the mid/late game, but that hasn't come up as often during my testing. Dhelmise increases the damage Scizor does. Kartana serves as an Enhanced Hammer on legs and can make me win the game or play around seven prize games with Blade. I don't have baby Dusk Mane Necrozma, but I'm open to including it if need be.

Other deck suggestions are welcome.

Yo dude - I've been playing Scizor for a few weeks and made a couple conclusions:

Magearna isn't great. She takes up Bench space, sounds good in theory, but never really follows through. If her Ability was like that one Weavile's that allowed you to swap Tools more than once, she'd be worth it, but seeing as you're only playing five Tools, it can get kinda awkward. My usual Bench is another Scizor, Oranguru, Dhelmise, and Lele. That fifth slot is either for Kartana or the Solgaleo Prism Star. With that being said...

Registeel isn't great either. I haven't hit a lot of Ninetales or Hoopa (yet) but you have outs in both Oranguru and Solgaleo already. I haven't felt the need to include the Registeel CES, but if it's what makes you comfortable, go for it. I'm hesitant because it's a two-attachment attacker that doesn't have a lot of HP. Then, you're behind because we don't have Energy acceleration aside from Solgaleo.

FOUR NEST BALL. I don't know about you, but I thrive on having that ideal Bench asap. Without Dhelmise, you're 3HKOing Lele, whiffing KOs on Magcargo and Malamar, and simply aren't doing enough. I'm never upset seeing Nest Ball in my opening hand, and it is incredibly consistent. I'd personally cut a Dhelmise and the Pal Pad for two more. (Or, the Magearna and the Registeel. Whatever you gotta do.)

That's what I've got. Hope this helps.

If it was me, I find a way to play one or two more copycat. With Zoroark and Tempest GX being big, and Big Wheel GX making a comeback, I think it would be worth cutting something like Magearna for it.

I actually dont have a problem with Magerna.

I have a build very similar to this deck and it works most of the time.

My Original Scizor GX deck just didn't have enough damage output with Metal Frying Pans alone, So throwing in Choice bands and Magerna is a good call. That way you can adapt to the deck you are playing against.

i would suggest dropping Solgaleo <*> and the Delmises. I find if you can play a turn or two ahead of your opponent, you'll be golden. Replace with 2x Tapu Koko so you can spread damage early and Wombo Switch Combo with Guzma into Tapu Koko, then retreat for free into another Scizor or baby pokemon... Also think about adding in Registeel from Crimson Invasion. Turbo arm has helped in a number of games.

My version also runs Max Potions and Mt. Cornet. Let Scizor get damaged, adapt to what your facing, and heal when needed. Sometimes let Scizor stay damaged so you can get ahead on prizes and trap in the opponents new attacker with another powered up power after they take your first scizor out.

Food for Thought....

Back