Scholarships?

Toxic

TCG Player and Old Deck Collector
I was talking to my friend today about tournaments and he said that one of the prizes for a certain tournament is a college scholarship? Is that true? If so, what are the specifications for the scholarship(s)?

I think you also get them at Regionals. You have to be a student in grades K-12 or you don't get it. You, of course have to do well in the tournament as well.

Celebi23 said:
I think you also get them at Regionals. You have to be a student in grades K-12 or you don't get it. You, of course have to do well in the tournament as well.

Yea, I think your wrong about having to be in K-12 to get them. You have to be in college first off to actually use them, and anyone can get them. They can choose to give it to themselves, others, or thier children. As long as it goes towards schooling it doesn't matter who gets it.

Yep. I know people who already completed college, so instead of using the money, they passed it down to their sisters and brothers.

It's a money grant for college/university. Very useful if you can't afford it.

I want to win a scholarship... but then my school would probably find out, and announce it, and I would be screwed because they would obviously have to mention how I won it, and then my secret would be out!

Not that I have a chance at one... haven't even gone to League yet.

Prinplush said:
It's a money grant for college/university. Very useful if you can't afford it.

I want to win a scholarship... but then my school would probably find out, and announce it, and I would be screwed because they would obviously have to mention how I won it, and then my secret would be out!

Not that I have a chance at one... haven't even gone to League yet.
Still, a scholarship is a scholarship. Who cares if you won it because of a Pokemon tournament? That would be something to brag about in my opinion. :p

Thanks for the info guys.

Prinplush said:

Does your school ban Pokémon (or even view Pokémon as... you know...)?

I was extremely annoyed when I found out scholarships for Top 4 at Regional were omitted.
I was ALSO annoyed I barely missed another scholarship at Nationals.

Marky Vigoroth said:
Prinplush said:

Does your school ban Pokémon (or even view Pokémon as... you know...)?

No, it just happens to be an all-girls school on the Upper East Side of NYC.
making it just as bad as being a school that bans Pokemon.

/offtopic

Serebii1997S said:
I was extremely annoyed when I found out scholarships for Top 4 at Regional were omitted.
I was ALSO annoyed I barely missed another scholarship at Nationals.
I missed scholarships TWICE because of luck. At worlds and at nationals, my opponent top decked, and then stalled ftw. I came in 4th at nationals, and 21st at worlds. :(

Back