• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Sceptile EX / Virizion EX

Phototoxin

I herd u leik mudkipz?
Hi Pokébeach, my Girlfriend is getting seriously disillusioned with her deck at the moment. I think she's trying to cover all bases and ending up spreading herself too thin. Shaymins are too expensive for us right now but other cards easily considered!

Pokémon:
  • 3 VirizionEX
  • 2 Spinarak
  • 2 Araidos
  • 2 Regice
  • 4 SceptileEX
  • 3 M Sceptile EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Max Ether
  • 1 Crushing Hammer
  • 2 Enchanted Hammer
  • 3 Virbank City Gym
  • 2 Silent Lab
  • 3 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 1 Weakness Policy
  • 2 Shauna
  • 2 Team Flare Grunt
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Pokemon Fan Club
  • 2 Xerosic
  • 1 Hex Maniac
Energy
  • 12 Grass Energy
  • 4 Water Energy
Strategy:

basically the idea is to accelerate as quickly as possible while disrupting key parts of the opponents deck with hammers/xerosic/team flare grunt, the main problem is lack of consistency.

I think it needs to have a think about trying to disrupt vs the virbank+lasers (though they do have synergy with sceptile) and being consistent.

Any help greatly appreaciated!

Instead of what?

Would it be better to strip down supporters to 1 ofs except shauna and add in VS seekers?
Fan Club and Team Flare Grunt. Lack of Shaymin really hurts. Octillery wastes space and is inconsistent for getting out ASAP. It's more of a complimentary card for a very limited number of decks that need to refill their hand every turn like Magnezone/Raikou/Pikachu EX.

This is the issue we're facing with PTCG at the moment - every deck benefits from £60 for 3 shaymins which kinda sucks from a financial point of view.

Yes we are, I'm more or less happy with my deck though I don't know what the meta is like so it's hard to include meta calls, my GF is considering not going as with her deck as it stands she might get annihilated.

too many energies, also cut regice, not needed (you have no way to get this going except for 3 manual attachments [which is slow and not worth the effort])
Your sceptile deck needs draw support like Sycamore [4] / N [3-4] / Colress. [1-2] If you aren't going to play shaymins, this is VERY IMPORTANT to get resources.
Go down to 9 energies, play a super rod if you are worried about losing energies, and play a prof. letter to search them out.

From there you can work out your trainers and what you might need.

Back