• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sceptile EX / Ariados / Crobat

wolkersan

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon:
  • 4 Sceptile EX
  • 3 Spinarak
  • 3 Ariados
  • 3-3-2 Crobat
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 Shauna
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 2 AZ
  • 3 Super Scoop Up
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 2 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 1 Professor Letter
  • 2 Forest of Giant Plants
  • 1 Dimension Valley
Energy:
  • 8 Grass Energy
  • 2 Herbal Energy
Strategy:

...simple... : poison, muscle band sceptile 2 energy, someone bats and BOOM

Last edited:
Herbal energy seems unneeded. Many decks are focused around 0hko on basic exs. You can't grab it with letter and it can be hammered off.
But I guess it can be recycled with super scoop up.
Plant forest doesn't seem needed. Ariados doesn't need to be turn 1. Maybe faded town or silent lab would be a better choice. Since mega ray is scary.

I like your list pretty much as is except for the folowing:

-4 Shauna
+4 Professor Birch's Observations - "50%" of the time you should net more cards

-2 Forest of Giant Plants
+2 Silent Labs - I concur with @Ivy_Profen in that this Stadium would be far more useful

Personally I like Shauna more than Birch, but this is a personal call. Ultimately both cards are sub-par draw supporters.
I would advise more Lysandre, mainly because you are going to be aiming to take KO on Pokemon with 170 HP like Hoopa EX which mainly is a bench warmer.
Something like:
2 Lysandre
1 AZ​

Also for the Stadiums, I don't see a need for Dimension Valley. This stadium only helps Crobat, who is not a preferred attacker in this deck and will be a dead draw most of the time. I would suggest Faded Town, main because it would put pressure on Mega Pokemon. Keep in mind that Faded Town can damage even benched Mega Pokemon. If we look at the math, Unseen Claw does 60 (base damage) + 70 (from attack effect) +20 (Muscle Band) + 10 (from poison), that is 160 damage! With Faded Town in play a Mega will be sitting at 180 damage and at the risk of KO. M Manectric EX would be KO between turns!

Ultimately it depends on the format you are playing and the location, if you suspect to see a lot of Mega Pokemon Faded Town will really show it's colors (haha), however if you are playing Expanded you would probably want to use Silent Lab since Mega Pokemon don't seem to be as prevalent in Expanded currently.

I just recently threw together a version of this deck and have found it to be really fun and explosive.

One thing that I've been playing around with, that you might like to try, is running a single copy of Malamar EX, as well as 1 or 2 energy switches. I see quite a few grass decks at my locals and not being able to poison with Ariados really hinders this deck. So getting the status condition via an energy attachment to Malamar has helped out with that. The attachment to Malamar (who will never attack) is rough on a deck with so few energy, but with scoop ups and energy switch it hasn't been awful so far.

I just recently threw together a version of this deck and have found it to be really fun and explosive.

One thing that I've been playing around with, that you might like to try, is running a single copy of Malamar EX, as well as 1 or 2 energy switches. I see quite a few grass decks at my locals and not being able to poison with Ariados really hinders this deck. So getting the status condition via an energy attachment to Malamar has helped out with that. The attachment to Malamar (who will never attack) is rough on a deck with so few energy, but with scoop ups and energy switch it hasn't been awful so far.

Using Malamar is a great idea! With the effect of abilities you can get the effect of Hypnotoxic Laser almost every turn. How many energy switch do you run, and do you also have a single copy of Dark energy?

Probably would be best to drop the herbal for dark energy if malimar was ur secondary attakcer

Using Malamar is a great idea! With the effect of abilities you can get the effect of Hypnotoxic Laser almost every turn. How many energy switch do you run, and do you also have a single copy of Dark energy?

Thanks! Definitely try it out and let me know how it works for you.
Currently I'm testing at 1, and I'm trying to find room for 2. I'm only running 6 grass and 0 dark, which is really thin, I know, but I still find myself with 2 sceptiles fully charged and ready to roll, fairly consistently. I've only used Malamar once or twice in very dire situations, but it's been clutch.

Back