• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Scalding(Blastoise UL/Tangrowth CL)

Pokemunkulys

Pokebeach Veteran
26 Pokemon:
3 - 3 - 1 Tangrowth LV. X AR (CL)
2 - 2 - 2 Blastoise UL
2 - 2 - 2 Feraligatr Prime HS
1 Uxie LA
1 Unown Q MD
1 Azelf LA
4 Spiritomb AR

20 Trainers, Supporters, Stadiums:
3 Pokemon Collector
4 Broken Time Space
3 Bebe's Search
1 Luxury Ball
1 Palmer's Contribution
1 VS Seeker
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Seeker
3 Cyrus' Conspiracy

14 Energy:
3 Warp Energy
10 Water Energy

Strategy:
Use Rain Dance to put high amounts of Water Energy of Blastoise UL, then use Wash Out to put it on Tangrowth CL. This will get us fast damage because of the 20/Energy stacking of its first attack, and get a Rescue Energy on it for more damage and the Rescue effect to easily and quickly set up the next Tangrowth. The LV. X helps with Survivability, and Blastoise UL's attack can be used effectively against any Fire types giving trouble to Tangrowth.

Rogue deck 1\9

I like this deck. Never thought about using Tangrowth COL this way. I may consider using it like this after rotation. (If I'm allowed to use your idea of course.)

I'd just have lots of Shaymin UL so Raindance a lot and use Shaymin to move them all to Tangrowth. Other wise, take out a Tangrowth for a X, for increased Healing Growth chance (Healing more damage).

Eh, the LV. X is really secondary, against Fire decks I won't even drop it and the extra HP and healing is marginal. It just annoys your opponent by making it harder to KO. Notice I don't play Expert Belt, but 4 Rescue Energy. The goal is to get quick efficient Tangrowths and even if they die get them back out to swing for more high damage. A 3 line of Tangrowths is important too. Finally, I see that Shaymins would be a less clunky version of Blastoise here, but this is better I think because you can attach new Energy as you draw them but you have already attached for the turn. I can see that both ideas would be viable, although I'd need a lot of Seekers and Super Scoop Ups to work with Shaymin.

Also, sure, no problem, that's the purpose of my series of Rogue decks. =P

Unfortunately Rescue Energy doesn't get back the energy attached to Tangrowth, so you might find yourself running out of energy fairly quickly if even one Tangrowth kicks the bucket.

Warp Energy is better because of the High Retreat cost of Tangrowth and Blastoise. If they get Bright Looked or I need to Seeker heal a Tangrowth, I want a Warp Energy ready to go. I see that Super Scoop Up fulfills a similar purpose, but as I seeker I can reuse Warp Energy, not to mention that I don't have to flip a coin and I usually have no trouble wasting my attach for the turn. =P

P. S. Warp Energy are the only ones in my deck I can't Rain Dance.

Back