Saturday, 7/14, Gamestop PBR Rules

PokemasterKev

Aspiring Trainer
Unfortunatly.. none of my enarest are holding the tournament.. I figured they's cop out and not do it... but I also do not live in a small town either..guess they didn't want a ton of people cramming their small stores.

I like that they will be checking for cheaters.. though the number of shines shouldn't matter like you mentioned about using the pokeradar..but..i can imagine if somone has boxes full of them, i wouldn't beleive that.

Yeah!Seaking

:U
Aw darn. My friend (who is a hacker) traded mw Arceus, Shaymin, and Darkria, but only for me to get their data on my PokeDex. Oh well, I just hope they won't ban me because they don't understand the brilliance of a paraflinching Togekiss. (I mean, when I called them they said Pokemons.)

My store said double battle level 50 4 vs 4, if that helps.

Also, anyone have any clue to what time this begins? As in, like, 4 pm or something.

Toast

Aspiring Trainer
I am starting to think this tournament is gonna be a joke now. I mean COMEON! DO they really think that having Arceus, Darkrye, Shaymin in a box mean I hacked to get them??? I can tell you I have at least 2-3 of each and its not because I hacked to get them... I traded for them.

Not to mention every gamestop having different rules. And it still sounds to me like the ubers will be allowed, meaning we will see some stupid teams.... AND not to mention the prizes are a joke to (Even though a copy of PBR is nice, but still).

imo, they should have done this better... universal rules banning ubers and have both a single and double tournament. I planned on single but it sounds like its gonna be double. Not to mention I could be banned from cometing because I have the unlegit stuff in my box and in my pokedex, not to mention a few shinys I caught or traded for.... pretty stupid.

Also, is there anyway to TELL if a pokemon has hacked stats? because I have caught and egg'd perfect IV pokes before so wondering if theres a way to find out

DocRobot_K-176

Red Raging Rampage
PokemasterKev said:
I like that they will be checking for cheaters.. though the number of shines shouldn't matter like you mentioned about using the pokeradar..but..i can imagine if somone has boxes full of them, i wouldn't beleive that.
There are actually a good number of people that have several boxes full of Shining Pokémon, some that people trade for, others they obtain normally, and others that they obtain through chaining on the PokéRadar. The PokéRadar, in particular, increases the likelihood of encountering Shining Pokémon by an enormous amount on higher chains. It is very possible, with a bit of effort and dedication, to come out with at least 1 Shining Pokémon every day through the PokéRadar, albeit it is very error-intolerant and time-consuming to the point where it may be necessary to leave the DS on AC power overnight to continue the process the next day.

Videos of the process can be found on YouTube, including at least 1 video reporting two Shining Pokémon appearing in a row. This has happened to me twice during the Ralts hunt; my final number turned out to be 13 Shining Ralts. I would not be surprised if someone has 50 or more Shining Pokémon total from chaining. There is no doubt in my mind that the PokéRadar improves the encounter rate. It is clear that it is programmed into the PokéRadar. Whether it was intended for players to be able to reset the PokéRadar and continue the chain appears to be unknown at this point.

Another issue that needs to be addressed in more detail regarding cheating detection is the GTS. The GTS is very unpredictable, and I wouldn't put it past it for people to unknowingly trade for hacked Pokémon, only to discover that they are hacked when they find that their cartridge is intelligible to participate at tournaments. I think it is more important that GameStop checks the tournament team thoroughly for cheating. It would be outrageous if a player who hacked their team to get perfect IVs and desired Hidden Powers on all 6 of their monsters got through. Hopefully, PBR has some ways to detect problematic Pokémon.

Ill Manors

Aspiring Trainer
Toast said:
I am starting to think this tournament is gonna be a joke now. I mean COMEON! DO they really think that having Arceus, Darkrye, Shaymin in a box mean I hacked to get them??? I can tell you I have at least 2-3 of each and its not because I hacked to get them... I traded for them.

You have no idea do you? Of course they are hacked, there are no legit Shaymin or Arceus yet and it would surprise me if that Darkrai is legit. Just because you trade for them doesnt mean they are not hacked. If the person who traded with you said they are legit, you shouldnt have been so naive, there isnt even a legit Shaymin or Arceus but Darkrai but Id be surprised if it was legit. I would never have accepted them.

Toast

Aspiring Trainer
Sam von Noobenschtein said:
Toast said:

You have no idea do you? Of course they are hacked, there are no legit Shaymin or Arceus yet and it would surprise me if that Darkrai is legit. Just because you trade for them doesnt mean they are not hacked. If the person who traded with you said they are legit, you shouldnt have been so naive, there isnt even a legit Shaymin or Arceus but Darkrai but Id be surprised if it was legit. I would never have accepted them.

Did I ever say I thought they were legit? No, so don't assume I think that

What I am saying is I did not hack them, yet because they are in my box they will assume I hacked them. I think it would be unfair to not let me compete because of something like that.

Also, just to help you out, but next time before shooting your mouth off read the post more thoroughly before making a fool out of yourself

http://pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=19184

Your wants you even LIST Arceus, Darkrye, Shaymin... gg

Ill Manors

Aspiring Trainer
Toast said:
Toast said:

What I am saying is I did not hack them, yet because they are in my box they will assume I hacked them. I think it would be unfair to not let me compete because of something like that.

Also, just to help you out, but next time before shooting your mouth off read the post more thoroughly before making a fool out of yourself

You would make a fool of yourself if they dont let you in since you have hackies. See, its not exactly the same thing.

Toast

Aspiring Trainer
Toast said:
Toast said:

You would make a fool of yourself if they dont let you in since you have hackies. See, its not exactly the same thing.

As the story read, I would say I traded for them, because I did. They don't believe me thats their problem. Not gonna loose sleep over it

Dragon Rider Of PokeBeach

Thread Killer
I believe that we were talking about the rules not fighting about the legitness of Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus. It's not that big a deal and I doubt that they'll ban people because they OWN the pokemon. Maybe if they used them but that's an entirely different from just owning them....

Anyways.... I do want to know what time it's supposed to start. I don't want to get there with my DS and look like an idiot because I arrived at the final battle..... But I'm probably going to go to the one in Davenport if I can.

Rhincodon Typus

O herro preesh
Uh-oh... I'm banned. Traded for hacks over GTS, and once with someone here, who later told me a friend traded it to them. Seriously, I won't be using any of these, are our games still banned if we released them?

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
You should call your Gamestops and explain to them your situation before you go. You don't want to be surprised when you get there!

Unfallible

im more perfecter then u :P
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! My stupid GTS Infernape is cloned! Itsis a real obvious one too! It was caught with a Master Ball on Route 202 at level 100 and is an American (meaning it was trained to level 100 in 3-4 months).

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
That's not cloned, that's hacked, cloned would mean it is an exact copy, a clone can only be recognized if you can also see the original. Anyhow, a chimchar can't be caught in a masterball unless its' hacked, so, yes, it's hacked.

But what does that have to do with anything? Unless you're entering a tournament you shouldn't worry. And there's a chance they won't even notice.

howelllawson

Brony
Well, if my Game Stop was holding the tounament, (which it's not ;_; ) I wouldn't be able to participate. I imported a Japanese Pearl back in October and was lucky enough for it to have the Darkrai and Shaymin gliches. Since I've got the english version, I've traded them over and someone traded me an Arceus. Also, I've played a lot and like to stock up on items (currently over 700 max repels), so that would have disqualified me anyways.

All in all, those are some pretty stupid rules.

Master of the Shadow

To the ends of the Earth
The store I called said it stars at 2 PM. and that the rules depend on how much people come and what rules they want which is weird. I really wanted 2 on2 lv 50 pokemons with a 4 on 4 battle that is what I'm used to with no legendaries