Ruling Salemence X

Tristan

Back for a little bit
Okay when I level up Sallemence Lv.x when does my can someone power spray me when I put it down or when I knock out the pokemon.

If it is when I knock out the pokemon and I knock out their SP pokemon which leaves them with 2 can they still spray me or not

T

Tristan said:
Okay when I level up Sallemence Lv.x when does my can someone power spray me when I put it down or when I knock out the pokemon.
They can use Power Spray on you if you use Salamence LV X's Double Fall

If it is when I knock out the pokemon and I knock out their SP pokemon which leaves them with 2 can they still spray me or not
Power Spray cannot be played if a player have 2 or less SP Pokemon in play. It is stated in the card.

T

Hope I understand your questions correctly. No offence or anything... :)

EDIT: Sorry. My bad...

Yeah, but he's asking about WHEN double Fall activates. Does the ability auto activate when it hits the field? Does it activate AFTER the attack?

Cause if it activates after the attack, and drops their SP count down to 2, they cant play Power spray. But if the order of things activates differently then....

shadoworganoid said:
Yeah, but he's asking about WHEN double Fall activates. Does the ability auto activate when it hits the field? Does it activate AFTER the attack?

Cause if it activates after the attack, and drops their SP count down to 2, they cant play Power spray. But if the order of things activates differently then...
Thank you.

The card itself LITERALLY states that you use the power THE MOMENT YOU PLAY HIM FROM YOUR HAND. Really, what is there not to get about the timing of the effect? You play it, they have to spray it right there otherwise no dice.

Wording of Pokepower

-- I agree with Lou Cypher --

The wording of the Pokepower is as follows:

Once during your turn (before your attack), when you put
Salamence LV.X from your hand onto your Active Salamence,
you may use this power. For each of your opponent’s Pokémon
that is Knocked Out by damage from Salamence’s attacks this
turn, take 1 more Prize card.

This is a Pokepower similar to Togekiss' Serene Grace & it
does seem to indicate that you use the Pokepower at the
time you Level Up.

Back